Spezzano Grande Marriage of Luigi Guido

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Post Reply
User avatar
ItalianbellaSA
Elite
Elite
Posts: 499
Joined: 09 Jan 2011, 23:58
Location: Rochelle Park, NJ

Spezzano Grande Marriage of Luigi Guido

Post by ItalianbellaSA »

Hi Everyone:
I am still researching my husbands ancestors. The records for Spezzano Grande in Cosenza are now available on the Antenanti site.

I have on my tree my husbands great uncle, Luigi Guido (parents Pietro Guido and Rachela Granata) married to a Maria Astorino. They were married November 9, 1901.I found the record, however, her first name is not shown as Maria, and she was not born in Spezzano Grande. I would like someone to help me decipher the bride's first name and the name of the town she was born. I am translating her first name as Acherefina, but I don't think this is correct. I would like to find her birth record. The town listed on the record looks like Calorleto, but I cannot find the town anywhere.

Here is the link to the record:

https://www.antenati.san.beniculturali. ... 31/wrE21oX

Thank you in advance for any assistance.

Sue Antista
Italianbella SA
It is hoped that the research I am doing helps to discover, preserve and celebrate my family history.

Sue Antista
ItalianbellaSA
User avatar
PippoM
Master
Master
Posts: 5840
Joined: 25 Aug 2004, 00:00
Location: Roma, Italia
Contact:

Re: Spezzano Grande Marriage of Luigi Guido

Post by PippoM »

The name is Acherepita or Acherupita (written differently on the edge and in the record).
It is usually written as Achiropita, and is typical of some villages in Calabria.

http://www.santiebeati.it/nomi/Detailed/4060.html

The town is Caloveto
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Spezzano Grande Marriage of Luigi Guido

Post by suanj »

Well Pippo already replied abt the first name, Acheropita, the birth place is CALOVETO, COSENZA, IT
regards,
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Post Reply