Italian record search advice on finding parents of nubile mother on birth record
Italian record search advice on finding parents of nubile mother on birth record
Hello, trying to go back a maternal generation via a birth record of my friend's great grandfather Tommaso Sciulli born July 9, 1867 in Gamberale, Abruzzo. The birth record only lists the mother who is unmarried and lists the child's father as ignoto. The mother is Maria Sciulli who lists her own father as Gaetano. Found another child born to unwed Maria and she lists her age on the birth record that would have her birth as 1831-1832. Found all the Maria Sciulli's born to Gaetano's in Gamberale 1819 thru 1840. Found 3 Maria's born to two families, a Gaetano Sciulli and Donata Faloria who had 2 daughters named Maria: 1st Maria born May 29,1828 and 2nd Maria born Jun 26, 1837 but could not find a death cert for 1st Maria. The other family is Gaetano Sciulli and Nicola Bucci and their daughter Maria was born Dec 1831 but I found she got married in 1862 to Giovannantonio di Pacio and moved to Pizzofurato leaving the Gaetano Sciulli and Donata Faloria as the possible parents of Maria. Cannot find a death record for Maria born to Gaetano but 1897 death record index lists a Maria Sciulli but the actual record is not there, scanner error I guess. I have attached the birth of Tomaso in case anyone sees something I don't. Trying to find Maria's parents is the goal so I can keep going back another generation. Your help is appreciated
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Re: Italian record search advice on finding parents of nubile mother on birth record
Here is the link to the full birth act for Tommaso. He was born on 1 July 1867 at 9 AM.
Maria was the daughter of deceased Gaetano.
https://www.antenati.san.beniculturali. ... 22/wbXmjqg
Death act of a Gaetano Sciulli in 1857 (28 August) in Gamberale. (#11)
He is age 46, shepherd, and the husband of Domenica Bucci.
His parents were Giuseppe Sciulli, and Rosaria Sciulli.
PERHAPS this is Maria's father???? Of course, it will take verification.
Many names are repeated in the town.
https://www.antenati.san.beniculturali. ... 90/Lo9ZEAA
T.
Maria was the daughter of deceased Gaetano.
https://www.antenati.san.beniculturali. ... 22/wbXmjqg
Death act of a Gaetano Sciulli in 1857 (28 August) in Gamberale. (#11)
He is age 46, shepherd, and the husband of Domenica Bucci.
His parents were Giuseppe Sciulli, and Rosaria Sciulli.
PERHAPS this is Maria's father???? Of course, it will take verification.
Many names are repeated in the town.
https://www.antenati.san.beniculturali. ... 90/Lo9ZEAA
T.
Re: Italian record search advice on finding parents of nubile mother on birth record
Thank you! I do have the full birth for Tommaso but it wouldn't let me upload both files last night for some reason. Maria, parents Gaetano and Dominica Bucci, got married in the 1862 and moved to Pizzoferato, so that can't be her & her parents. Looking more like another Maria born in 1837 to a Gaetano who died in 1839 and was married to Donata Faloria might be her parents since I cannot find that Maria was ever married. Just wondered if you might have any other research suggestions to find her parents.
Re: Italian record search advice on finding parents of nubile mother on birth record
On the birth record of Tommaso, it is wrote also that the biological father of Tommaso did not appear for legitimacy of his son. So he was very well knew from the declarant and from the civil records officer... From the tone of the note, the sense is that they were waiting for him but in vain, he had probably reassured him that he would go to legitimize his son, and they would meet with the declarant in the registry office, but he didn't go.
suanj
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Re: Italian record search advice on finding parents of nubile mother on birth record
Hey there all. Thanks for sharing your previous updates. They’ve helped me. I’m a few years late to the party but I’ve been doing some family history research of my own. Tommaso (Thomas, Thomaso, whichever) is my second great grandfather. I actually have a death certificate for him that has his bday as July 22, 1871 in Italy. To unknown father and a woman names Mary. I’ve been trying to find something on his father but I guess he was MIA.


