ULDERIGO MARTINI
ULDERIGO MARTINI
Saluti a tutti, I’m Alonso and I’m looking for more information about one of my great-grandparents, his name is Ulderigo Martini, he was born in 1865 aprox. But I’m a little bit confused about where was Ulderigo born, but I found a Martini’s Family from Sanremo, Imperia, Italia and I think he was part of this family because some names match into my pedigree, if so, Ulderigo would be the son of Giovanni Battista Martini and Giulia Pizzi, all of them were born and reside in Sanremo but they emigrated to Argentina, so I assumed that this was his family because I found that Ulderigo Martini immigrated to Buenos Aires on December 14, 1892 from Genova, on the ship VITTORIA, but he had a son in 03 JUNE 1900, in Antofagasta, Chile; Emilio Segundo Ulderigo Martini Umaña with his wife Elsira Umaña, but i couldn’t get the marriage and birth record of Ulderigo Martini. I look forward to your comments and search suggestions
- Italysearcher
- Master

- Posts: 3470
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 19:58
- Location: Sora, Italy
- Contact:
Re: ULDERIGO MARTINI
Italia, Imperia, San Remo. Stato civile, 1810-1812, 1866-1900
Author: San Remo (Imperia). Ufficio dello stato civile; Archivio di Stato di Imperia, Sezione di San Remo
https://www.familysearch.org/search/cat ... %20Library
There are baptism records for 1865 but they don't appear to be on line. You may have to access them at a Family History Centre.
Author: San Remo (Imperia). Ufficio dello stato civile; Archivio di Stato di Imperia, Sezione di San Remo
https://www.familysearch.org/search/cat ... %20Library
There are baptism records for 1865 but they don't appear to be on line. You may have to access them at a Family History Centre.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
Re: ULDERIGO MARTINI
Well, I saw the genealogic tree on family search and obviously who mde it don't searched. The Ulderigo parent's are wrong. Ulderico died in Rio de Janeiro, Brasil on 28 nov 1908, son of Pedro and of Josepha Fantoni, married to Elcira Humanha Contreras, natural de Florencia, Italia, 45 old.
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=1582573
so the parents: Pietro Martini and Giuseppa Fantoni. Ulderico born abt 1863.
suanj
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=1582573
so the parents: Pietro Martini and Giuseppa Fantoni. Ulderico born abt 1863.
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Re: ULDERIGO MARTINI
Ulderico Martini 41 old, with son Emilio 4 old, and wife Ersilia (?) 28 old went in Brasil, in Rio de Janeiro, coming from Italia, sailing by Genova port, on 19/03/1906, NAVIO Rio Amazonas

https://i.postimg.cc/0NKvCJ4j/martini.png
suanj

https://i.postimg.cc/0NKvCJ4j/martini.png
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Re: ULDERIGO MARTINI
thanks suanj, but I was looking into birth's records of Firenze, but I didn't found anything.... he wasn't born there.
atte
ras
atte
ras
Re: ULDERIGO MARTINI
When they indicate the capital of a region, it does not mean that this town is the place of birth, rather it means the region where he came from and probably a municipality of that same province. To clarify: with Florence name, it is indicated the town, as a well she also is the provincial capital and 41 municipalities belong to it, in the past there were many more, and Florence is the regional capital, so it includes 8 provinces (Firenze, Arezzo, Grosseto, Livorno, Lucca, Massa-Carrara, Pisa, Pistoia, Prato and Siena). I searched in the baptism of a main Firenze church and I found many Martini but no Ulderigo. But clearly it is not the only church in Florence, it may have been baptized elsewhere, so one must search well, but these records are in large numbers and one must search very extensively, because until 1865 there were no birth records in the comune, but only baptisms, so imagining that it is the city of Florence, you have to look in all the churches not only in the city, but also in the hamlets and they are available. These two links are from 1865 those baptized in Florence city and municipal hamlets: https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 21/58lov8b
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 22/5xxRZWa
And we must also look in 1864 probably. If you can't find it, you also have to search in the other municipalities in the province of Florence, therefore widening your search, but I assure you that it is a great advantage to know the parents' names, in fact Martini and Fantoni are among the most popular surnames in Florence. I don't know where you looked and don't found, I advise you to do an in-depth search, however with my input at least now you know that he was SURELY born in the Tuscany region, most likely in one of the municipalities of the province of Florence or even in the municipal territory of Florence (cities and hamlets) that you have to look for among the baptisms (sorted in the links, which I wrote to you above, by year, month and parishes) or broaden the search. The fact that he was a goldsmith suggests that he was probably really born in the province of Florence or in the city of Florence . I would look for you, but I don't have much free time, but these are the advice I gave you and if someone insists they can find it. It's not like a name jumps out by itself or in databases, you have to do the manual search, page by page. Good luck.
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 22/5xxRZWa
And we must also look in 1864 probably. If you can't find it, you also have to search in the other municipalities in the province of Florence, therefore widening your search, but I assure you that it is a great advantage to know the parents' names, in fact Martini and Fantoni are among the most popular surnames in Florence. I don't know where you looked and don't found, I advise you to do an in-depth search, however with my input at least now you know that he was SURELY born in the Tuscany region, most likely in one of the municipalities of the province of Florence or even in the municipal territory of Florence (cities and hamlets) that you have to look for among the baptisms (sorted in the links, which I wrote to you above, by year, month and parishes) or broaden the search. The fact that he was a goldsmith suggests that he was probably really born in the province of Florence or in the city of Florence . I would look for you, but I don't have much free time, but these are the advice I gave you and if someone insists they can find it. It's not like a name jumps out by itself or in databases, you have to do the manual search, page by page. Good luck.
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Re: ULDERIGO MARTINI
Thanks Suanj, but How do u know that ulderigo was a goldsmith?
Re: ULDERIGO MARTINI
By another website
Cognome: MARTINI
Nome: ULDERIGO
Sesso: MASCHILE
Età: 27
Professione: OREFICE
Leggere e scrivere: Sa
Data del viaggio (Sbarco a Buenos Aires): 14-12-1892
Porto di imbarco: GENOVA
Nome nave: VITTORIA
Classe: Terza
profession=goldsmith
http://www.ciseionline.it/2012/index.asp
best,
suanj
Cognome: MARTINI
Nome: ULDERIGO
Sesso: MASCHILE
Età: 27
Professione: OREFICE
Leggere e scrivere: Sa
Data del viaggio (Sbarco a Buenos Aires): 14-12-1892
Porto di imbarco: GENOVA
Nome nave: VITTORIA
Classe: Terza
profession=goldsmith
http://www.ciseionline.it/2012/index.asp
best,
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

