Sister's Married Name

General Non-Genealogy Discussions.
Ask questions, chat and talk about anything.
Post Reply
darkerhorse
Master
Master
Posts: 4006
Joined: 11 Jun 2020, 18:31

Sister's Married Name

Post by darkerhorse »

I've attached the 1978 SS Death Listing for Madeline (Sullivan) Doty.

I'm trying to identify the married name of her sister Anne/Anna Sullivan (b.1907), and I thought Anne/Anna might be listed as a survivor in Madeline's obituary. I'm certain Anna/Anne was married. There was also a third sister, Catherine (Sullivan) Guarino.

Or maybe there's another way to approach it.

The last records I have of Anne/Anna are the 1925 NY State Census, and her listed as informant on her mother Linda (Boland) Sullivan's 1937 death certificate.

Thoughts?
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master
Posts: 8078
Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54

Re: Sister's Married Name

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

darkerhorse wrote: 25 Jan 2023, 20:41 I've attached the 1978 SS Death Listing for Madeline (Sullivan) Doty.

Thoughts?

Are you able to post this so that we can take a look. Thank you.

Angela
darkerhorse
Master
Master
Posts: 4006
Joined: 11 Jun 2020, 18:31

Re: Sister's Married Name

Post by darkerhorse »

Here.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
darkerhorse
Master
Master
Posts: 4006
Joined: 11 Jun 2020, 18:31

Re: Sister's Married Name

Post by darkerhorse »

I found her.

Can some find an obituary for her - Anna P. (Sullivan) Egan. You may also have been married to a Richard Kilgus.

I thought I had seen an obituary or other document naming Catherine Guarino as her sister, and I wanted to save it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
darkerhorse
Master
Master
Posts: 4006
Joined: 11 Jun 2020, 18:31

Re: Sister's Married Name

Post by darkerhorse »

I found these obituaries indexed:

Egan, Anna Patricia Death 2/13/1991 Ukiah Daily Journal
Egan, Anna Patricia Death 2/13/1991 Willits News

Anyone have access?
User avatar
Tessa78
Master
Master
Posts: 18381
Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 18:09

Re: Sister's Married Name

Post by Tessa78 »

It appears she died in California, and her married name was Egan.

Anna Patricia Egan
in the California, U.S., Death Index, 1940-1997


Name: Anna Patricia Egan [Anna Patricia Sullivan]
Social Security #: 060097240
Gender: Female
Birth Date: 17 Mar 1907
Birth Place: New York
Death Date: 10 Feb 1991
Death Place: Mendocino
Mother's Maiden Name: Boland
Father's Surname: Sullivan

From NYC Marriage Index
Anna P. Sullivan
in the New York, New York, U.S., Marriage License Indexes, 1907-2018

Name: Anna P. Sullivan
Gender: Female
Marriage License Date: 24 Nov 1951
Marriage License Place: Bronx, New York City, New York, USA
Spouse:
John J Egan
License Number: 10024

T.
darkerhorse
Master
Master
Posts: 4006
Joined: 11 Jun 2020, 18:31

Re: Sister's Married Name

Post by darkerhorse »

Thanks. I didn't have the information from the marriage index. That helps alot. I hope I also find an obituary.
darkerhorse
Master
Master
Posts: 4006
Joined: 11 Jun 2020, 18:31

Re: Sister's Married Name

Post by darkerhorse »

I meant I didn't have the detailed CA death index, so that was confirming.

This findagrave listing suggests she had a first marriage to Richard Kilgus in 1929 yet I find no such marriage listing. I assumed in NYC where they were born.

https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/118 ... nancy-egan

Are you able to find one?

There are 1930 and 1940 census regards in the Bronx which appear to be them.
User avatar
Tessa78
Master
Master
Posts: 18381
Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 18:09

Re: Sister's Married Name

Post by Tessa78 »

I only found a marriage between Richard Kilgus and Mary Ann Deranney in 1923 in New York.


1776550 Kilgus Richard G. Feb 4 1923 3338. Manhattan Deranney Mary A

T.
darkerhorse
Master
Master
Posts: 4006
Joined: 11 Jun 2020, 18:31

Re: Sister's Married Name

Post by darkerhorse »

Thanks for checking.
darkerhorse
Master
Master
Posts: 4006
Joined: 11 Jun 2020, 18:31

Re: Sister's Married Name

Post by darkerhorse »

I found an obituary for Anna Patricia Egan on newspapers.com but I can't access it. The newspaper is the Ukiah Daily Journal in Ukiah, CA, and the publication date is February 13, 1991, page 16.

Do you - or any other forum member reading this - have access and can save a copy?
Post Reply