Carlo Maffiscioni b. Teglio, Sondrio

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Post Reply
r3g@n
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: 09 Feb 2023, 12:43

Carlo Maffiscioni b. Teglio, Sondrio

Post by r3g@n »

Hello
I am researching my ancestor Carlo Maffiscioni/Maffescioni
Born 8 JAN 1856 • Teglio, Sondrio, Lombardia, Italy
He migrated to Australia in 1879
I believe he died in 1909. No details of his family was recorded on the death certificate but it appears he disappeared and his wife Amelia remarried 20 odd years prior.

His father: Giovanni Battiste Maffescioni
BIRTH 2 FEB 1817 • Teglio, Sondrio, Lombardia, Italy
DEATH 3 APRIL 1890 • Telgio, Sondrio, Lombardia, Italy

His mother: Anne Zanoli
BIRTH 1 JUN 1821 • Poschiavo, Graubünden, Switzerland
DEATH 6 FEB 1856 • Teglio, Sondrio, Lombardia, Italy

I think he had a brother Giovanni but I am unsure if he stayed behind or migrated.

I would love any photos or documents, or any bits of information about the family and life in Teglio.
Thanks
etoime
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: 03 Aug 2024, 03:17

Re: Carlo Maffiscioni b. Teglio, Sondrio

Post by etoime »

Hi. Hope you are still on board. I am also interested in a Maffescioni family that emigrated to Australia. I know of a Caterina, daughter of Giovanni Maffescioni of Teglio. She was born 21 Jun 1868 and married Giovanni (John) Valli there on 21 Jun 1891. They emigrated to Western Australia relatively soon after because their children were born there. I don't have Carlo, but I do have Bernardo Maffescioni b. 1865, died in Maryborough, VIC, in 1939, with 12 children. Bernardo was the son of Bortolo Maffescioni who appears to have also emigrated to Victoria and who died in Maldon, Vic, in 1884, aged 53.
xerinna
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: 02 Jul 2025, 05:15

Re: Carlo Maffiscioni b. Teglio, Sondrio

Post by xerinna »

etoime wrote: 03 Aug 2024, 03:40 Hi. Hope you are still on board. I am also interested in a Maffescioni family that emigrated to Australia. I know of a Caterina, daughter of Giovanni Maffescioni of Teglio. She was born 21 Jun 1868 and married Giovanni (John) Valli there on 21 Jun 1891. They emigrated to Western Australia relatively soon after because their children were born there. I don't have Carlo, but I do have Bernardo Maffescioni b. 1865, died in Maryborough, VIC, in 1939, with 12 children. Bernardo was the son of Bortolo Maffescioni who appears to have also emigrated to Victoria and who died in Maldon, Vic, in 1884, aged 53. Melon Playground
I agree with the opinion you give!
Danip
Elite
Elite
Posts: 295
Joined: 29 Aug 2024, 14:52

Re: Carlo Maffiscioni b. Teglio, Sondrio

Post by Danip »

r3g@n wrote: 09 Feb 2023, 12:51 Hello
I am researching my ancestor Carlo Maffiscioni/Maffescioni
Born 8 JAN 1856 • Teglio, Sondrio, Lombardia, Italy
He migrated to Australia in 1879
I believe he died in 1909. No details of his family was recorded on the death certificate but it appears he disappeared and his wife Amelia remarried 20 odd years prior.

His father: Giovanni Battiste Maffescioni
BIRTH 2 FEB 1817 • Teglio, Sondrio, Lombardia, Italy
DEATH 3 APRIL 1890 • Telgio, Sondrio, Lombardia, Italy

His mother: Anne Zanoli
BIRTH 1 JUN 1821 • Poschiavo, Graubünden, Switzerland
DEATH 6 FEB 1856 • Teglio, Sondrio, Lombardia, Italy

I think he had a brother Giovanni but I am unsure if he stayed behind or migrated.

I would love any photos or documents, or any bits of information about the family and life in Teglio.
Thanks
I could help you for your researches in Teglio and Poschiavo, I live not far from there.
Post Reply