Address in Bianzone

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
Post Reply
r3g@n
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: 09 Feb 2023, 12:43

Address in Bianzone

Post by r3g@n »

Hello
I found the death records of my bisnonni Maria Sertorio and Giovanni Marantelli from Bianzone, Sondrio.
I'm only learning Italian but from my best efforts interpreting this section ...

Ci Canova al numero 15...
domiciliata in Bianzone a moglie di Marantelli Giovanni

Maria was living at 15 Canova St, Bianzone with her husband when he died.

I cannot find it on the map, or from a Google search, only that Canova is a contrada. Can anyone tell me if it was their address or am i misinterpreting the information? If it is, is still there today?
Thanks
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Address in Bianzone

Post by suanj »

Hi, I made a extensive search and don't appear but Canova is a district of Bianzone (Contrada Canova of Bianzone). Bianzone municipal territory have 5 districts: Piazza, Canova, Cambren, Selva, Montagna. From what I understood Canova could be on the border with Teglio Commune. The Canova street is the road, outside Bianzone city to Canova district.
Regards,
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Post Reply