Getting Started Femiani and Morelli

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Post Reply
mikenstein
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: 11 Apr 2023, 09:57

Getting Started Femiani and Morelli

Post by mikenstein »

Dears,

I am a bit new to this and have run into a bit of confusion while tracing my Italian heritage. It seems there are many variations of spelling and dates listed are not always accurate. I am really trying to find out about my great grandparents Guiseppe Pasquale Femiani and Rose Celestina Morelli. Some variations of name I have encountered are my GGF went as simply Pasquale Femiani, and sometimes I have seen Femiana, my GGM is listed as Rosa and sometimes I see Morello. I do not know when they migrated to the US, but I believe my GGF was naturalized in 1905, and my GGM in 1910. They lived in Pennsylvania, and Richmond Virginia. DOB for GGF isnt known, DOD is 15 Sept 1938, DOB for GGM is believed 10APR1885, DOD is 14Nov1940. Any help or connections that you know would be very appreciated.
User avatar
mmogno
Master
Master
Posts: 4676
Joined: 14 Mar 2016, 22:29

Re: Getting Started Femiani and Morelli

Post by mmogno »

Do you know the names of Giuseppe Pasquale's parents and Rosa Celestina Morelli? Did Giuseppe and Rosa get married and have children in Italy? Did they emigrate separately to the US?
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?”
🇺🇦 Slava Ukraine! 🇺🇦
🇮🇱תחי ישראל🇮🇱
User avatar
PippoM
Master
Master
Posts: 5840
Joined: 25 Aug 2004, 00:00
Location: Roma, Italia
Contact:

Re: Getting Started Femiani and Morelli

Post by PippoM »

Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
gill-femiani
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: 27 Mar 2025, 08:49

Re: Getting Started Femiani and Morelli

Post by gill-femiani »

Pasquale and Rosa are my great-great grandparents! Did you ever find any more info about their parents? I've tried searching but no luck.
Post Reply