I am looking for information about my avo
-
marinax1982
- Newbie

- Posts: 8
- Joined: 06 Jun 2023, 19:41
I am looking for information about my avo
Hello, my name is Marina, I'm from Argentina, I'm looking for information about my Avo, I know he was from Sulmona, Abruzzo, his name was Giovan Battista Balassone (Juan Bautista Balassone translated into Spanish), he was born between 1866 and 1873, could someone help me Look for information on him, please. I don't know where he married either. My great-grandmother's name was Catalina Aghettone, they had her first daughter in Italy, her name was Palmira Balassone, she was born on January 2, 1900. Any information would be very helpful, thank you!
-
darkerhorse
- Master

- Posts: 4006
- Joined: 11 Jun 2020, 18:31
Re: I am looking for information about my avo
Is avo grandfather?
-
marinax1982
- Newbie

- Posts: 8
- Joined: 06 Jun 2023, 19:41
Re: I am looking for information about my avo
is my great-grandfather
-
darkerhorse
- Master

- Posts: 4006
- Joined: 11 Jun 2020, 18:31
Re: I am looking for information about my avo
I don't find any records from Italy online for your place and time period.
-
marinax1982
- Newbie

- Posts: 8
- Joined: 06 Jun 2023, 19:41
Re: I am looking for information about my avo
Thank you so much. I have searched many websites and have not found anything. I only have to request for the certificates personally in the commune of Sulmona. Thanks again!!
- parkergambino
- Elite

- Posts: 327
- Joined: 06 Sep 2017, 17:28
Re: I am looking for information about my avo
Hi Marina,
Welcome to the site!
As you have learned, it seems that records for your specific request cannot be found on line. Perhaps there can be some "work-arounds" where information that is available can be used.
It would therefore be helpful to provide more complete information to this forum about your family history: births, marriages, deaths, of the descendants and other relatives of your "Avo", also their travel history.
Somebody emigrated to Argentina at some point. Does your family have a long history in Argentina? Are the people on this census related to you?
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... 3AMWZQ-41R
------------------------------
Several dozen people with the Balassone surname migrated through New York in the early 20th century, nearly all of them from Sulmona. Surely some of them will be relatives, and a close examination of these records might also provide clues.
It is also helpful to know the first names of family members; these may be repeated generation after generation, and can provide clues for searching. Also, records of other immigrants from Sulmona might somehow provide useful information. From my searching among these immigrants, it seems that the first names "Caterina" and "Palmira" are not to be found. This makes me suspect that the marriage of Giovan Battista and Caterina took place in her home village, not in Sulmona. There were a few Giovan Battista first names associated in Sulmona with the surnames Setteri/Letteri/Lettero, Terragesi, and Salvatore. Are any of these familiar?
The spelling "Aghettone" for Catalina's surname does not deliver many search results. Most likely, different spelling variants (Accatino, Accettone, Agatone) might be more productive.
If you would please send me an email message at parkergambino@gmail.com, perhaps we can discuss a strategy for searching.
Parker
Welcome to the site!
As you have learned, it seems that records for your specific request cannot be found on line. Perhaps there can be some "work-arounds" where information that is available can be used.
It would therefore be helpful to provide more complete information to this forum about your family history: births, marriages, deaths, of the descendants and other relatives of your "Avo", also their travel history.
Somebody emigrated to Argentina at some point. Does your family have a long history in Argentina? Are the people on this census related to you?
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... 3AMWZQ-41R
------------------------------
Several dozen people with the Balassone surname migrated through New York in the early 20th century, nearly all of them from Sulmona. Surely some of them will be relatives, and a close examination of these records might also provide clues.
It is also helpful to know the first names of family members; these may be repeated generation after generation, and can provide clues for searching. Also, records of other immigrants from Sulmona might somehow provide useful information. From my searching among these immigrants, it seems that the first names "Caterina" and "Palmira" are not to be found. This makes me suspect that the marriage of Giovan Battista and Caterina took place in her home village, not in Sulmona. There were a few Giovan Battista first names associated in Sulmona with the surnames Setteri/Letteri/Lettero, Terragesi, and Salvatore. Are any of these familiar?
The spelling "Aghettone" for Catalina's surname does not deliver many search results. Most likely, different spelling variants (Accatino, Accettone, Agatone) might be more productive.
If you would please send me an email message at parkergambino@gmail.com, perhaps we can discuss a strategy for searching.
Parker
Re: I am looking for information about my avo
Ask the State Archives of L'Aquila for a search on the military documents of Giovan Battista Balassone to find his date of birth.
https://archiviodistatolaquila.cultura. ... ispondenza
https://archiviodistatolaquila.cultura. ... ispondenza
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?”
Slava Ukraine! 
תחי ישראל
-
marinax1982
- Newbie

- Posts: 8
- Joined: 06 Jun 2023, 19:41
Re: I am looking for information about my avo
Thank you so much parker for your help. I was looking at the family search records of the 1895 census but I don't think my great-grandmother is that catalina balasone because they had their first child in Italy in 1900, Palmira Balassone, then they had another child in Brazil in 1903, Angel Balassone, I think around 1900 and 1903 they emigrated from italy. I was looking at the family search records of the 1895 census but I don't think my great-grandmother is that catalina balasone because they had their first child in Italy in 1900, Palmira Balassone, then they had another child in Brazil in 1903, Angel Balassone, I think around 1900 and 1903 they emigrated from italy. I know they lived in Sao Paulo as Angel's birth certificate shows. I sent you an email with more information and the attached certificates. Thank you very much for your help again!
-
marinax1982
- Newbie

- Posts: 8
- Joined: 06 Jun 2023, 19:41
Re: I am looking for information about my avo
I don't know why I can't open the link of L'aquila files
-
marinax1982
- Newbie

- Posts: 8
- Joined: 06 Jun 2023, 19:41
Re: I am looking for information about my avo
I'm confused with my great-grandfather's last name and his parents' name. In the birth certificate of Angel, who is the son they had in Brazil, she says that the surname Balassone appears amended. In the birth certificate of Amelia, the daughter they had in Argentina, the names and surnames appear with variations. I don't know how to keep looking for information. Their first child was born to her in Italy, Palmira Balassone says on her death certificate, on January 2, 1900, perhaps in Sulmona, I don't know, I should look for that birth certificate to find out the exact names of my great-grandparents ???
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
marinax1982
- Newbie

- Posts: 8
- Joined: 06 Jun 2023, 19:41
Re: I am looking for information about my avo
Birth certificate of Angel Balassone
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.