San Martino

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Post Reply
Hamski
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: 12 Feb 2023, 22:48

San Martino

Post by Hamski »

Hi there. I stumbled across this site whilst aimlessly searching for ancestry information. I found a similar thread about San Martino.
The little I know about my birth family is that my mother was from San Martino - no reference to which San Martino unfortunately. My father was from Passiria which may be a reference to Passeier in South Tyrol.
Would anyone have any idea on where to start? I’m specifically trying to find birth records. Many thanks
Hamski
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: 12 Feb 2023, 22:48

Re: San Martino

Post by Hamski »

Whilst waiting for my post to be approved I thought I'd put some extra info on here. My birth mother's name is Hildegard Gufler. DOB 23.12.1944. Her father was Ignacio Gufler.
She came to the UK on 3.7.1965 and lived in London as an au pair at 75, Sherningham, St Johns’ Wood, NW8. She got pregnant on a trip back to Italy in Jan 1966 and was housed at St Pelagia's Home for destitute girls until my birth.
User avatar
PippoM
Master
Master
Posts: 5840
Joined: 25 Aug 2004, 00:00
Location: Roma, Italia
Contact:

Re: San Martino

Post by PippoM »

In South Tirol, Italy, does exist the town of San Martino in Passiria:

https://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Martino_in_Passiria

so, you might want to request her birth certificate there.
Contacts:

Comune San Martino in Passiria
Via del villaggio n. 6
I-39010 San Martino in Passiria


+39 0473 499 300
+39 0473 499 320
info@stmp.it
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
Hamski
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: 12 Feb 2023, 22:48

Re: San Martino

Post by Hamski »

Thank you for this. Unfortunately, they tell me that there are no records for her at that comune. Is there any way to search all records, rather than contacting each comune? Thanks
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: San Martino

Post by suanj »

Exist also SAN MARTINO IN BADIA, BOLZANO, IT.
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: San Martino

Post by suanj »

The right spelling of her father first names is: Ignaz.
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Hamski
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: 12 Feb 2023, 22:48

Re: San Martino

Post by Hamski »

Thank you for that information. I however, am still at a loss for where to turn.
I have approached a genealogist who has told me he cannot take the job on but offered no other explanation.
Does anyone have any recommendations?
Thanks
User avatar
PippoM
Master
Master
Posts: 5840
Joined: 25 Aug 2004, 00:00
Location: Roma, Italia
Contact:

Re: San Martino

Post by PippoM »

I've sent you a PM with my email address
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
Post Reply