father of baby deceased?

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Post Reply
User avatar
carla370
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 80
Joined: 26 Oct 2010, 18:01
Location: Wyoming USA
Contact:

father of baby deceased?

Post by carla370 »

I believe I have finally found the Birth record I have been looking for

Mother Teresa Lombardi
Father Ferdinando Autiero
Infant Ferdinando Autiero

I would appreciate any little tidbits as I am not able to decipher. Is this 13 August ? Did she live in the Lombardi household? Address? I think it says her husband was deceased. If that's the case then that gives me a date to look for his death in the months preceding his son's birth. So many clues!


https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 59/w9Rgqj9

Thank you so very much.

Carla De Cicco Edwards
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master
Posts: 8078
Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54

Re: father of baby deceased?

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

carla370 wrote: 04 Aug 2023, 01:26 I believe I have finally found the Birth record I have been looking for

Mother Teresa Lombardi
Father Ferdinando Autiero
Infant Ferdinando Autiero Yes to all.

I would appreciate any little tidbits as I am not able to decipher. Is this 13 August No you are reading the time. ? Did she live in the Lombardi household? Address? Strada Sciulia I think it says her husband was deceased. Yes If that's the case then that gives me a date to look for his death in the months preceding his son's birth. So many clues!


https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 59/w9Rgqj9

Thank you so very much.

Carla De Cicco Edwards



Birth No 154 – Ferdinando Autiero

Registered Barra on 4 August 1854 at 1 pm (ore tredice – hour thirteen)

Before the official appeared Elisabetta Cannavacciuolo, daughter of the deceased (fu) Vincenzo, 46 yo, a midwife (Levatrice), living at Strada Sant’ Antonio.

She presented a baby boy born from Teresa Lombardi, 32 yo, living Strada Sciulia and from the deceased (fu) Ferdinando Autiero, her husband. The baby was born on 4 August 1854 (nel giorno quattro) at 6 am in (Teresa) Lombardi’s house, and was given the name Ferdinando Autiero (............?)

The baby was baptized the same day. (It looks like he may have been given another name but I can’t decipher it at the moment.)

Angela

User avatar
Tessa78
Master
Master
Posts: 18381
Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 18:09

Re: father of baby deceased?

Post by Tessa78 »

Possible death act of Ferdinando Autiero in April 1854.
#90
He was age 40, a carpenter, son of deceased Paolo, and deceased Angela Prato.
He was the husband of Teresa Nunzia (?), and leaves 3 minor children.
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 93/LqjV2dP

T.
User avatar
mmogno
Master
Master
Posts: 4676
Joined: 14 Mar 2016, 22:29

Re: father of baby deceased?

Post by mmogno »

AngelaGrace56 wrote: 04 Aug 2023, 03:23
carla370 wrote: 04 Aug 2023, 01:26 I believe I have finally found the Birth record I have been looking for

Mother Teresa Lombardi
Father Ferdinando Autiero
Infant Ferdinando Autiero Yes to all.

I would appreciate any little tidbits as I am not able to decipher. Is this 13 August No you are reading the time. ? Did she live in the Lombardi household? Address? Strada Sciulia I think it says her husband was deceased. Yes If that's the case then that gives me a date to look for his death in the months preceding his son's birth. So many clues!


https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 59/w9Rgqj9

Thank you so very much.

Carla De Cicco Edwards



Birth No 154 – Ferdinando Autiero

Registered Barra on 4 August 1854 at 1 pm (ore tredice – hour thirteen)

Before the official appeared Elisabetta Cannavacciuolo, daughter of the deceased (fu) Vincenzo, 46 yo, a midwife (Levatrice), living at Strada Sant’ Antonio.

She presented a baby boy born from Teresa Lombardi, 32 yo, living Strada Sciulia and from the deceased (fu) Ferdinando Autiero, her husband. The baby was born on 4 August 1854 (nel giorno quattro) at 6 am in (Teresa) Lombardi’s house, and was given the name Ferdinando Autiero (, postumo)

The baby was baptized the same day. (It looks like he may have been given another name but I can’t decipher it at the moment. postumo)

Angela

@AngelaGrace56
https://raccontiamocibarra.wordpress.co ... so-sirena/
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?”
🇺🇦 Slava Ukraine! 🇺🇦
🇮🇱תחי ישראל🇮🇱
User avatar
mmogno
Master
Master
Posts: 4676
Joined: 14 Mar 2016, 22:29

Re: father of baby deceased?

Post by mmogno »

Tessa78 wrote: 04 Aug 2023, 15:40 Possible death act of Ferdinando Autiero in April 1854.
#90
He was age 40, a carpenter, son of deceased Paolo, and deceased Angela Pinto.
He was the husband of Teresa Nunzia (?), and leaves 5 minor children.
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 93/LqjV2dP

T.
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?”
🇺🇦 Slava Ukraine! 🇺🇦
🇮🇱תחי ישראל🇮🇱
User avatar
Tessa78
Master
Master
Posts: 18381
Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 18:09

Re: father of baby deceased?

Post by Tessa78 »

Grazie, mmogno! :-) for the second set of eyes...

***

Here is a POSSIBLE marriage act in Barra for Ferdinando Vincenzo Antonio Autiero, age 30, carpenter, born in Napoli in sezione San Ferdinando, to deceased Paolo and deceased Angela Pinto (clearer here).
AND
Teresa Maresca (clearer here), age 23, weaver, born in Barra to Andres, a baker; and to Maria Iodice.
#64
Dated 3 December 1841
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 76/wXMEZm1

In this act and the death of Ferdinando, Teresa's surname is not Lombardi.
Perhaps this is not your Ferdinando...or perhaps a mystery?

ADD:
Here is a daughter Angela, born to the above couple (Ferdinando Autiero and Teresa Maresca) in November 1842 in Barra.
#215
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 76/wXMEZm1

Birth of Teresa Maresca in Barra in 1818. I have searched for but have not located a birth act for Teresa Lombardi (checked 1818-1822)
#138
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 14/5V3nYrJ

T.
User avatar
carla370
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 80
Joined: 26 Oct 2010, 18:01
Location: Wyoming USA
Contact:

Re: father of baby deceased?

Post by carla370 »

YOU PEOPLE ARE AMAZING

I started to look for Ferdinando senior last night but only got to page 69 I was so tired I have been going through the old books for weeks.

Thank you thank you thank you I am crying happy tears
User avatar
Tessa78
Master
Master
Posts: 18381
Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 18:09

Re: father of baby deceased?

Post by Tessa78 »

i added some additional records, but the wife/mother is Teresa Maresca.
Hold onto them until the surname difference can be explained.

I have not found a Teresa Lombardi born in Barra in records 1818-1824.

T.
User avatar
carla370
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 80
Joined: 26 Oct 2010, 18:01
Location: Wyoming USA
Contact:

Re: father of baby deceased?

Post by carla370 »

I made scratch notes of the found Ferdinado and Teresa Maresca. I will continue to search for Lombardi's :-)
User avatar
mmogno
Master
Master
Posts: 4676
Joined: 14 Mar 2016, 22:29

Re: father of baby deceased?

Post by mmogno »

Processetti of marriage Ferdinando and Teresa Maresca
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 83/0Z3Dp1p
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?”
🇺🇦 Slava Ukraine! 🇺🇦
🇮🇱תחי ישראל🇮🇱
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master
Posts: 8078
Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54

Re: father of baby deceased?

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

(From Related thread: https://www.italiangenealogy.com/forum/topic/53861):

Marriage No 16 of son Ferdinando Autiero, son of Ferdinando Autiero and Teresa Lombardi:
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 58/LpnvRJq
(Page 7 of 12)

Related Pubblication No 14: https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 26/wlpeyW6


It’s interesting that at the base of the record, where it mentions the documents presented (allegati), that, as far as I can see, (the writing is not so clear), it doesn’t mention a death record for Ferdinando Autiero (deceased father). Maybe it couldn’t be located, or needed given Ferdinando Autiero junior’s age at marriage? I’ve also spent time looking for various records pertaining to this family and have come up with nothing further. It looks like records are still being uploaded so maybe a fresh search when upload has been completed.

Angela
User avatar
carla370
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 80
Joined: 26 Oct 2010, 18:01
Location: Wyoming USA
Contact:

Re: father of baby deceased?

Post by carla370 »

Hi Angela

Yes I started with the most recent records and have been working my way backwards in time to arrive at the Napoli information. Microfilm for Barra is not complete. I am not sure how long I will have to wait, I'm thinking it's possible it could be years yet.
My father's paternal line was much easier to trace back to the late 1700's as it was in Cosenza but his maternal line has proven to be much more difficult. Not only are they incomplete but there are some condition issues as well, with the original documents having deteriorated with moisture and mold.

I will probably just have to be patient.

I did see a nearby town (Vicaria, within 5 kms) with a large number of Lombardi's including Teresa but I haven't had the time this last couple days to examine the records.

Sincerely

Carla
Post Reply