D'Angelis – Paduli

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Post Reply
gascot
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 59
Joined: 06 Mar 2020, 18:16

D'Angelis – Paduli

Post by gascot »

Looking for information on a particular D'Angelis family in Paduli, Casabona.

Girolama D'Angelis was born to Alessandro D'Angelis and Lucrezia Mastrovito on 6 March 1841. (https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 60/Lz8Z31b) She married Gabriele Rossetti and had at least 2 children.

She had a sister named Maria Michele, but her situation is a bit odd. She was supposedly born in 1868, but her birth certificate is listed in the index for the year 1870, and since its handwritten and very long, I cannot read it at all. I'd appreciate a walkthrough of its contents if possible. (https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12657/an_ud2338870)

Looking specifically for information on Alessandro D'Angelis and his wife Lucrezia Mastrovito, as I haven't been able to find a birth record, death record, or marriage record for either of them.

Thank you in advance.
User avatar
PippoM
Master
Master
Posts: 5840
Joined: 25 Aug 2004, 00:00
Location: Roma, Italia
Contact:

Re: D'Angelis – Paduli

Post by PippoM »

gascot wrote: 25 Oct 2023, 19:28
She had a sister named Maria Michele, but her situation is a bit odd. She was supposedly born in 1868, but her birth certificate is listed in the index for the year 1870, and since its handwritten and very long, I cannot read it at all. I'd appreciate a walkthrough of its contents if possible. (https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12657/an_ud2338870)
The link does not refer to her birth record, but to a correction of her birth record, ordered by a Court Judgement. In the original record it was written that she was the daughter of Lucrezia Ferravante, instead of Lucrezia Mastrovito. Unfortunately, it doesn't say the date of the record to be corrected. 1868 is the date of one of the Court hearings.

Do you know when and where Girolama married Gabriele?
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
gascot
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 59
Joined: 06 Mar 2020, 18:16

Re: D'Angelis – Paduli

Post by gascot »

PippoM wrote: 27 Oct 2023, 13:13 Do you know when and where Girolama married Gabriele?
They almost definitely married in Paduli, but as for when, I couldn't tell you. As far as I know, they had two children: a girl named Vittoria in 1867 (https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12657/an_ud2338324), and a boy named Giuseppe in 1868 (a year which is not indexed), so I would assume they were married by then at the very least.
Post Reply