Caporale family history

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Michael Caporale
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: 31 Oct 2023, 23:28

Re: Caporale family history

Post by Michael Caporale »

Gillkath wrote: 27 Sep 2015, 13:31 I am assisting my friend with researching her Italian heritage. She has Caporale, Monaco, and Colucci ancestors, most of whom settled in New Haven, Connecticut. Would love any information that you might have. Some of the names are: Prisco Monaco (born 1878 in Italy) and his wife, Antoinette; Pietro Caporale (born 1862 in Italy) and Angoilina Colucci (born 1873 in Italy). Do any of these names sound familiar? Would like to know where in Italy and other family members too. Other names are DePetrillo and Defilippo. Thanks in advance!
This is my family also. The Defilippos are my cousins. Uncle Chic, Gene Filippo, married my fathers's sister, Anne Caporale.

Prisco Monaco is my beloved great grandfather. I took his name, Prisco," as my confirmation name. His daughter Rose, my Noni, married Michale Caporale, Sr. I am Michael Caporale III. I too have an official copy of the Caporale coat of arms framed in my living room. Also photographs of the family that include some of Prisco taken in the late sixties.
Etter27
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: 22 May 2026, 02:25

Re: Caporale family history

Post by Etter27 »

capo-duke-friuli wrote: 13 Jul 2015, 05:26 I have an official copy of the Caporale family coat of arms with some history written in both Italian AND English, complete with a notarized seal. Someone in my family got this made a long time ago, not sure when... This document traces the Caporale family roots back to Friuli, hundreds of years ago, and it indicates a previous version of the Caporale surname. Friuli is in Northern Italy, bordering Austria. But with simple tools, like Ancestry.com, I've found sufficient documentation to indicate that at least three branches of my Italian family (Monaco, Caporale, and Colucci) lived in regions near Naples (Napoli) just before they emigrated. All three traveled from the port of Napoli to NYC, and ended up settling in New Haven CT, though they had lived in Capua, Catanzaro, and Avellino. So I'm curious how or why (specifically) the Caporales relocated in those few hundred years between Northern and Southern Italy. (This document suggests there was a dukedom involved? Presumably somewhere in Friuli?) I'm also curious what made these diverse family members leave Italy for the states, but either way, I'm not sure how to fill in the gaps. "WHY?" is a question simple government records just don't answer.
I believe this is my family and I looking for information on Pietro Caporale and Angiolina Colucci. Would I be able to message you regarding this?
Post Reply