Starting on record #84 and up to #95, "cinque" is missing from the end of the year and there is a tiny box drawn around "uno" and a I above. Does anyone understand what this is? The link below is to the record I wanted. She did die in 1905, correct? Thanks in advance.
https://www.familysearch.org/records/im ... eView=true
Odd writing at end of year on only 11 records
Re: Odd writing at end of year on only 11 records
My guess is that the town ran out of preprinted forms with the year 1905 printed on them to complete the records for 1905. On record #83, the word cinque was written over the word uno. On record #84, they wrote (1), and in the handwritten section at the bottom of the record, that appears again followed by the word cinque. Then they started to write the number in a box which also appears in the handwritten section at the bottom of these records with the word cinque. So I think it was just the town officials way of using preprinted forms with the wrong year on them and correcting the pages to the actual year in the handwritten sections at the bottom of each of those records. The year of death was 1905.
Erudita
Erudita
Re: Odd writing at end of year on only 11 records
I agree completely. Thank you.
Re: Odd writing at end of year on only 11 records
Happy to help.
Erudita
Erudita
Re: Odd writing at end of year on only 11 records
I nella data della prima riga dell'atto è un richiamo alla correzione I cinque che c'è più avanti, nel senso che l'anno millenovecentouno è corretto in millenovecentocinqueerudita74 wrote: 17 Nov 2023, 20:14 My guess is that the town ran out of preprinted forms with the year 1905 printed on them to complete the records for 1905. On record #83, the word cinque was written over the word uno. On record #84, they wrote (1), and in the handwritten section at the bottom of the record, that appears again followed by the word cinque. Then they started to write the number in a box which also appears in the handwritten section at the bottom of these records with the word cinque. So I think it was just the town officials way of using preprinted forms with the wrong year on them and correcting the pages to the actual year in the handwritten sections at the bottom of each of those records. The year of death was 1905.
Erudita


