Greetings!
I am trying to find some information about Michelangelo Ferro. I have found his birth and death records in Vicari, Palermo, Sicily (1859 - 1931)
He was married to Alessandra Tambe, who died in 1914. I believe that they were married in 1887 in Barrafranca, Sicily. However, I don't know where to look for the matrimony record.
Can anyone help guide me to the records?
Thanks!
Tom
Info on Michelangelo Ferro marriage
Re: Info on Michelangelo Ferro marriage
The 10 year marriage index in Barrafranca does not show a marriage for Michelangelo Ferro and Alessandra Tambe.
What makes you think it was in Barrafranca?
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 39/5x3VkRn
For reference: Here is the birth act of Michelangelo Ferro in Vicari in 1859
#121
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 38/LaPJV9W
And his death in 1931
#46
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 57/5gkEv2N
T.
What makes you think it was in Barrafranca?
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 39/5x3VkRn
For reference: Here is the birth act of Michelangelo Ferro in Vicari in 1859
#121
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 38/LaPJV9W
And his death in 1931
#46
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 57/5gkEv2N
T.
Re: Info on Michelangelo Ferro marriage
Thanks Tessa,
I read the marriage index incorrectly. But the 1887 date fit the birth of their first child in 1888.
I thought Barrafranca because that was where Alessandra was born. Since I didn't find the record in Vicari, that was my next logical choice.
But I could not find the detail related to the index.
Tom
I read the marriage index incorrectly. But the 1887 date fit the birth of their first child in 1888.
I thought Barrafranca because that was where Alessandra was born. Since I didn't find the record in Vicari, that was my next logical choice.
But I could not find the detail related to the index.
Tom
Re: Info on Michelangelo Ferro marriage
Yes, a marriage usually took place in the bride's hometown. Unfortunately, I cannot find those years available at either Antenati. Will check familysearch.
For reference: Here is death act of Alessandra Tambe' in 1914 in Vicari
#9
Age 47 - so born about 1867
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 11/LNqlJro
Also did not find them in church records in Barrafranca, Enna.
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... at=1546843
T.
For reference: Here is death act of Alessandra Tambe' in 1914 in Vicari
#9
Age 47 - so born about 1867
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 11/LNqlJro
Also did not find them in church records in Barrafranca, Enna.
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... at=1546843
T.
Re: Info on Michelangelo Ferro marriage
Thanks for your help Tessa.
Re: Info on Michelangelo Ferro marriage
The records you need to search are available for viewing but only while at a Family History Center.
https://www.familysearch.org/search/cat ... %20Library
OR...
You can write directly to the town of Barrafranca to request the marriage record.
Provide as much information as you can, including year, parents names, etc.
Send your photo ID and an email address.
T.
https://www.familysearch.org/search/cat ... %20Library
OR...
You can write directly to the town of Barrafranca to request the marriage record.
Provide as much information as you can, including year, parents names, etc.
Send your photo ID and an email address.
T.
Re: Info on Michelangelo Ferro marriage
Thank you very much!
Tom
Tom

