Castelpetroso or Campobasso?

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Post Reply
marialeegeiger
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: 29 Feb 2024, 02:43

Castelpetroso or Campobasso?

Post by marialeegeiger »

Ciao! I am searching to find my grandfather's birth certificate, and now have his alien registraiton form form the National Archives here in the USA. It states that he was from "Castelpetroso, Campobass" (which I take to mean "Campobasso"). I have been searching "Castelpetrosa" records on this website: https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/?lang=en


Should I be searching then Campobasso section instead? I am not sure where I should start as I did not know that there were two separate regions as shown on the website pull down menu.

Thank you for any help you can offer.
User avatar
MarcuccioV
Master
Master
Posts: 1903
Joined: 11 Jan 2021, 17:49
Location: West Hills, CA USA

Re: Castelpetroso or Campobasso?

Post by MarcuccioV »

You should search "Castelpetroso" as that is the direct commune. Castelpetroso today is in the province of Isernia.
Mark

If you ignore your foundation, your house will soon collapse...

Surnames: Attiani Belli Bucci Calvano Cerci Del Brusco Falera Giorgi Latini Marsili Mattia Mezzo Nardecchia Pellegrini Piacentini Pizzuti Pontecorvo Recchia Topani Ziantona & Zorli
marialeegeiger
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: 29 Feb 2024, 02:43

Re: Castelpetroso or Campobasso?

Post by marialeegeiger »

Thank you, I truly appreciate the clarification, Mark!
Post Reply