Help deciphering Groom's father

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Post Reply
RobininStl
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 61
Joined: 10 Jan 2024, 01:32
Location: St. Louis, MO USA

Help deciphering Groom's father

Post by RobininStl »

Can someone help me with the Groom, Giovanni's father's name. I believe the abbreviation may stand for Domenico but would like to confirm. Mom is Catarina di Mattina. The entry is 15 on the top right-hand side.

Thank you!
Attachments
Marriage - Giovanni Mattina and Vincenza di Caro.jpg
Thank you!
Robin
erudita74
Master
Master
Posts: 9245
Joined: 27 Aug 2012, 20:26

Re: Help deciphering Groom's father

Post by erudita74 »

The entry is number 16 and not number 15. I see the same abbreviation on the other page (middle entry #14). The line going across above the name does indicate there are missing letters. I also think the name could be Domenico, but hopefully someone else will look at this record and confirm.
Erudita
User avatar
PippoM
Master
Master
Posts: 5841
Joined: 25 Aug 2004, 00:00
Location: Roma, Italia
Contact:

Re: Help deciphering Groom's father

Post by PippoM »

I agree
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
erudita74
Master
Master
Posts: 9245
Joined: 27 Aug 2012, 20:26

Re: Help deciphering Groom's father

Post by erudita74 »

Grazie, Pippo. Hope you and your family are all well.
Erudita
RobininStl
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 61
Joined: 10 Jan 2024, 01:32
Location: St. Louis, MO USA

Re: Help deciphering Groom's father

Post by RobininStl »

Grazie, Pippo! I appreciate the confirmation. Robin
Thank you!
Robin
User avatar
PippoM
Master
Master
Posts: 5841
Joined: 25 Aug 2004, 00:00
Location: Roma, Italia
Contact:

Re: Help deciphering Groom's father

Post by PippoM »

We're all fine, Erudita, thanks. I hope the same for you.
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
erudita74
Master
Master
Posts: 9245
Joined: 27 Aug 2012, 20:26

Re: Help deciphering Groom's father

Post by erudita74 »

PippoM wrote: 07 Mar 2024, 15:40 We're all fine, Erudita, thanks. I hope the same for you.
We’re all fine too, Pippo. Thanks.
Post Reply