Indices for city of Naples

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
Post Reply
User avatar
musicalshore
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 21
Joined: 02 Dec 2010, 20:07

Indices for city of Naples

Post by musicalshore »

I understand Naples birth records are not fully digitized, but for those that are, do indices exist? I’ve seen scanned alphabetical indices in the back of some registers that connect the name with the record number. I can’t find them for the 19th century Naples archives I’m interested in, which is odd, given the size of these city volumes.
User avatar
PippoM
Master
Master
Posts: 5840
Joined: 25 Aug 2004, 00:00
Location: Roma, Italia
Contact:

Re: Indices for city of Naples

Post by PippoM »

That's true, some have indexes, and some don't, at least online.
However several districts have already been indexed.
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
User avatar
musicalshore
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 21
Joined: 02 Dec 2010, 20:07

Re: Indices for city of Naples

Post by musicalshore »

I mean the handwritten, ten-year indexes that are in the back of the registers.
User avatar
PippoM
Master
Master
Posts: 5840
Joined: 25 Aug 2004, 00:00
Location: Roma, Italia
Contact:

Re: Indices for city of Naples

Post by PippoM »

Yes, I understand, but they are not always present, as I said.
Tha fact that registers have been indexed, in some cases may help you to go beyond this issue.
Ten-year indexes are not public, but someone says they do exist...who knows!
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
Post Reply