Has anyone ever heard of a commune called Del Tufo..? I found an atti di morte for someone with the same surname as one of my closer (albeit not close) DNA matches on my Italian side as I'm seeking anyone born outside of the home commune (Valmontone). I can't find any info on a Del Tufo.
It is atti #91 -- Ascenzo D'Ascenzi. https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 24/wkzWJRe
Del Tufo
- MarcuccioV
- Master

- Posts: 1903
- Joined: 11 Jan 2021, 17:49
- Location: West Hills, CA USA
Del Tufo
Mark
If you ignore your foundation, your house will soon collapse...
Surnames: Attiani Belli Bucci Calvano Cerci Del Brusco Falera Giorgi Latini Marsili Mattia Mezzo Nardecchia Pellegrini Piacentini Pizzuti Pontecorvo Recchia Topani Ziantona & Zorli
If you ignore your foundation, your house will soon collapse...
Surnames: Attiani Belli Bucci Calvano Cerci Del Brusco Falera Giorgi Latini Marsili Mattia Mezzo Nardecchia Pellegrini Piacentini Pizzuti Pontecorvo Recchia Topani Ziantona & Zorli
- MarcuccioV
- Master

- Posts: 1903
- Joined: 11 Jan 2021, 17:49
- Location: West Hills, CA USA
Re: Del Tufo
Erudita, so was this a former name for Sorano..?
Mark
If you ignore your foundation, your house will soon collapse...
Surnames: Attiani Belli Bucci Calvano Cerci Del Brusco Falera Giorgi Latini Marsili Mattia Mezzo Nardecchia Pellegrini Piacentini Pizzuti Pontecorvo Recchia Topani Ziantona & Zorli
If you ignore your foundation, your house will soon collapse...
Surnames: Attiani Belli Bucci Calvano Cerci Del Brusco Falera Giorgi Latini Marsili Mattia Mezzo Nardecchia Pellegrini Piacentini Pizzuti Pontecorvo Recchia Topani Ziantona & Zorli
Re: Del Tufo
Sorry, Mark. We’re having severe storms where I am and we keep losing our power and internet. I also found this link below. I honestly have never heard of this place before. I can’t honestly say this is what you’re looking for.
https://books.google.com/books?id=46jEE ... fo&f=false
https://books.google.com/books?id=46jEE ... fo&f=false
Re: Del Tufo
Hi Mark!
It was usual, at that time, to speak of some village or town adding an article in front.
For instance, in my area, I often find "della Cava" instead of "di Cava (dei Tirreni)" or "della Torre" instead of "di Torre (Annunziata)", somehow identifying a toponym with the object that gave origin to it (a quarry or a tower, in these cases).
The issue is that I can't find a village named Tufo near Valmontone.
The only Tufo I know is in the province of Avellino (BTW, famous for its white wine).
It was usual, at that time, to speak of some village or town adding an article in front.
For instance, in my area, I often find "della Cava" instead of "di Cava (dei Tirreni)" or "della Torre" instead of "di Torre (Annunziata)", somehow identifying a toponym with the object that gave origin to it (a quarry or a tower, in these cases).
The issue is that I can't find a village named Tufo near Valmontone.
The only Tufo I know is in the province of Avellino (BTW, famous for its white wine).
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi
Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
- MarcuccioV
- Master

- Posts: 1903
- Joined: 11 Jan 2021, 17:49
- Location: West Hills, CA USA
Re: Del Tufo
Pippo, that may be it then, since I have DNA connections south but not north. There appears to be a strong concentration of my grandfather's surname (Mattia) in Avellino, especially in Calabritto (a bit to the southeast). So it seems to make sense...
Mark
If you ignore your foundation, your house will soon collapse...
Surnames: Attiani Belli Bucci Calvano Cerci Del Brusco Falera Giorgi Latini Marsili Mattia Mezzo Nardecchia Pellegrini Piacentini Pizzuti Pontecorvo Recchia Topani Ziantona & Zorli
If you ignore your foundation, your house will soon collapse...
Surnames: Attiani Belli Bucci Calvano Cerci Del Brusco Falera Giorgi Latini Marsili Mattia Mezzo Nardecchia Pellegrini Piacentini Pizzuti Pontecorvo Recchia Topani Ziantona & Zorli
Re: Del Tufo
Another possibility?
In the Lazio region there is also a village called Tufo belonging to the town of Minturno.
Distance from Minturno to Valmontone is approx. 70 miles.
Tufo, Minturno, Latina (Lazio)
T.
In the Lazio region there is also a village called Tufo belonging to the town of Minturno.
Distance from Minturno to Valmontone is approx. 70 miles.
Tufo, Minturno, Latina (Lazio)
T.
- MarcuccioV
- Master

- Posts: 1903
- Joined: 11 Jan 2021, 17:49
- Location: West Hills, CA USA
Re: Del Tufo
Tessa, possibly. I have a friend whose maternal side is from Minturno...
Mark
If you ignore your foundation, your house will soon collapse...
Surnames: Attiani Belli Bucci Calvano Cerci Del Brusco Falera Giorgi Latini Marsili Mattia Mezzo Nardecchia Pellegrini Piacentini Pizzuti Pontecorvo Recchia Topani Ziantona & Zorli
If you ignore your foundation, your house will soon collapse...
Surnames: Attiani Belli Bucci Calvano Cerci Del Brusco Falera Giorgi Latini Marsili Mattia Mezzo Nardecchia Pellegrini Piacentini Pizzuti Pontecorvo Recchia Topani Ziantona & Zorli
Re: Del Tufo
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?”
Slava Ukraine! 
תחי ישראל
- MarcuccioV
- Master

- Posts: 1903
- Joined: 11 Jan 2021, 17:49
- Location: West Hills, CA USA
Re: Del Tufo
Thank you, mmogno. I do have some distant connections in Frosinone (especially Patrica), but I'm not sure I'll ever be completely certain...
Mark
If you ignore your foundation, your house will soon collapse...
Surnames: Attiani Belli Bucci Calvano Cerci Del Brusco Falera Giorgi Latini Marsili Mattia Mezzo Nardecchia Pellegrini Piacentini Pizzuti Pontecorvo Recchia Topani Ziantona & Zorli
If you ignore your foundation, your house will soon collapse...
Surnames: Attiani Belli Bucci Calvano Cerci Del Brusco Falera Giorgi Latini Marsili Mattia Mezzo Nardecchia Pellegrini Piacentini Pizzuti Pontecorvo Recchia Topani Ziantona & Zorli