Help Translating!

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Post Reply
HannahSappia2
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: 15 Jul 2024, 04:52

Help Translating!

Post by HannahSappia2 »

I've gotten pretty used to translating the Italian records that I've found but I don't understand this. It is a death record for Francesco Sapia, number 6.
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2043833

After listing where he was born it says something about Luigi but I don't understand it. Can someone translate whatever it says after the "da" and before the "Luigi".

Thanks!!
User avatar
PippoM
Master
Master
Posts: 5841
Joined: 25 Aug 2004, 00:00
Location: Roma, Italia
Contact:

Re: Help Translating!

Post by PippoM »

Hello,
it says "dal sopradetto Luigi"="of the before mentioned Luigi"
In fact, Luigi, his father, was the declarant
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
Post Reply