Family details - di Leo / Donnarumma in Avellino

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Post Reply
li_donn
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: 10 Jul 2024, 13:19

Family details - di Leo / Donnarumma in Avellino

Post by li_donn »

Hi,
I'm trying to research my family history and have hit a roadblock so would really appreciate some help.

My grandparents were both born in Avellino and came to live in the UK in the 1960s. I'm trying to locate records on their parents so that I can start looking back and finding out about my family history.

On my grandmother's side, I've found her father, Federico Donnarumma - he died in 1941 in Torrioni, Avellino and his death record is here https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 6j?lang=en
His wife, my great grandmother was Letizia di Leo, but I can't find any information on her at all other than that she was married to Federico Donnarumma https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:QLK5-H75W. My grandmother was close to her maternal grandmother when she was young, so I'd really appreciate some help getting a bit more information on her.
I also learned his parents' names, Pellegrino Donnarumma and Anna Tommasso - they got married in 1896 in Torrioni, Avellino and I've found their marriage certificate here https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... ql?lang=en but I can't find further information, such as their birth and death dates.

My grandfather's name was Pasquale Donnarumma,he was born in Santa Paolina, Avellino but I don't know much else. I estimate his birth date was between 1925 and 1937. Any help or guidance here would be great.

If anyone can help, could you also give me some ideas of how to find out their jobs?

Thank you,

Lisa
Farassino
Master
Master
Posts: 787
Joined: 16 May 2024, 17:05

Re: Family details - di Leo / Donnarumma in Avellino

Post by Farassino »

Hello Lisa,
The link you’ve posted is the Marriage Banns of Pellegrino Donnarumma and Anna Iommazzo.
This is the actual marriage on 10-05-1896 in Torrioni:
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 51/LyG9R79

Pellegrino’s parents are Arcangelo and Anna Lepore.
Anna’s parents are Angelantonio (deceased) and Maria Ferrara.

Will see if something else can be found.

Regards
li_donn
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: 10 Jul 2024, 13:19

Re: Family details - di Leo / Donnarumma in Avellino

Post by li_donn »

Thank you so much!

Getting the spelling of Anna Iommazzo correct will definitely help in looking further into her family.

Would you be able to help with the translation of 'contadino' in this context of official documentation from that time?

Thanks again,

Lisa
Farassino
Master
Master
Posts: 787
Joined: 16 May 2024, 17:05

Re: Family details - di Leo / Donnarumma in Avellino

Post by Farassino »

Sure.
Contadino means farmer/peasant.
Post Reply