Help Translating Marriage record
Re: Help Translating Marriage record
Translation of death record of Maestro Ignazio Trentacosti Aug 9, 1855. He was age 68?. The son of deceased Maestri Antonino (Trentacosti) and Ninfa Ferrara. He was the widower of Giacoma Colletti (daughter of deceased Giuseppe (Colletti).
Re: Help Translating Marriage record
11 Die vigesima tertia ejusdem (Sep, 1774)
Leonardus filius Magistri Antonini 30 Costi (= Trentacosti) quondam Magistri Leonardi, et Ninphae Ferrara, ex Parollo quondam domini Ignazij jugalium huius paroeciae, anni unius hodie die ??? ??? ???, avolavit ad coelum, eiusque corpusculum in hac Venerabili Matrici Ecclesia tumulatum fuit.
Baptism on Sep 23, 1773
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2046915
@erudita74
Battesimo di Leonardo, Ignazio, Vincenzo Trentacosti, #255 il 17 giugno 1777. Nato da Mastro Antonino Trentacosti, del fu Leonardo, e donna Ninfa Ferrara del fu don Ignazio, coniugi di questa parrocchia.
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2046915
Battesimo di Arcangela, Lucrezia, Giuseppa Trentacosti, il 28 febbraio 1775. Nata da Mastro Antonino 30 Costi (= Trentacosti) e donna Ninfa Ferrara del fu don Ignazio, coniugi di questa parrocchia.
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2046915
Leonardus filius Magistri Antonini 30 Costi (= Trentacosti) quondam Magistri Leonardi, et Ninphae Ferrara, ex Parollo quondam domini Ignazij jugalium huius paroeciae, anni unius hodie die ??? ??? ???, avolavit ad coelum, eiusque corpusculum in hac Venerabili Matrici Ecclesia tumulatum fuit.
Baptism on Sep 23, 1773
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2046915
@erudita74
Battesimo di Leonardo, Ignazio, Vincenzo Trentacosti, #255 il 17 giugno 1777. Nato da Mastro Antonino Trentacosti, del fu Leonardo, e donna Ninfa Ferrara del fu don Ignazio, coniugi di questa parrocchia.
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2046915
Battesimo di Arcangela, Lucrezia, Giuseppa Trentacosti, il 28 febbraio 1775. Nata da Mastro Antonino 30 Costi (= Trentacosti) e donna Ninfa Ferrara del fu don Ignazio, coniugi di questa parrocchia.
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2046915
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?”
Slava Ukraine! 
תחי ישראל
Re: Help Translating Marriage record
@mmogno-
where have you been hiding?
I did correct the sex of the 1777 infant in one of my posts above. Diego is throwing out so much stuff at once, and I've been trying to keep up with him.
I'm in the middle of doing some other things now, but will check what else you posted above later. I always appreciate your help when deciphering the Latin church records. Thanks, G.
where have you been hiding?
I did correct the sex of the 1777 infant in one of my posts above. Diego is throwing out so much stuff at once, and I've been trying to keep up with him.
I'm in the middle of doing some other things now, but will check what else you posted above later. I always appreciate your help when deciphering the Latin church records. Thanks, G.
Re: Help Translating Marriage record
@mmogno
Perollo is definitely a surname found in Palermo Province. In the 1770 marriage record, it definitely looks like Perollo and, if you study the handwriting in that record, there is et and not ex. It was Ninfa’s mother’s surname before marriage
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2046915
Perollo is definitely a surname found in Palermo Province. In the 1770 marriage record, it definitely looks like Perollo and, if you study the handwriting in that record, there is et and not ex. It was Ninfa’s mother’s surname before marriage
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2046915
Re: Help Translating Marriage record
Thank you both for all the help! The church archives mmogno had found has been treasure of information, I wish they had more of this for the northern parts.
So was curious your thoughts on if you think that Leonardo Ignazio is the Ignazio from the marriage record on the starting post. Possible after the death of his mother, he went by Ignazio after her father? I also found a record that the first child his father had after being remarried in later 1779 was named again Leonardo. I guess there is a chance there is one more child born after the 1777 birth I haven't located yet, I have yet to find Ninfa's death record that would close the gap
From the details found.
Ignazio's parents married in Jan. 1770.
The first child (at least located) was Leonardo born in 1773 and died in 1774
The second child Arcangela was born in 1775 and died in 1779
The third child Leonardo Ignazio born in June 1777
Ignazio's mother Ninfa Ferrara died (I haven't found this record yet but it has to between his birth June 1777 and his father's remarriage Jan 1779.)
Ignazio's father remarries Jan 1779 to Rosa Sarullo
Their first child born October 1779 is named Leonardo Gaspare
Thanks!
D.
So was curious your thoughts on if you think that Leonardo Ignazio is the Ignazio from the marriage record on the starting post. Possible after the death of his mother, he went by Ignazio after her father? I also found a record that the first child his father had after being remarried in later 1779 was named again Leonardo. I guess there is a chance there is one more child born after the 1777 birth I haven't located yet, I have yet to find Ninfa's death record that would close the gap
From the details found.
Ignazio's parents married in Jan. 1770.
The first child (at least located) was Leonardo born in 1773 and died in 1774
The second child Arcangela was born in 1775 and died in 1779
The third child Leonardo Ignazio born in June 1777
Ignazio's mother Ninfa Ferrara died (I haven't found this record yet but it has to between his birth June 1777 and his father's remarriage Jan 1779.)
Ignazio's father remarries Jan 1779 to Rosa Sarullo
Their first child born October 1779 is named Leonardo Gaspare
Thanks!
D.
Re: Help Translating Marriage record
Hello could someone help with the translation of this baptism record for Ninfa Ferrara...I'm still struggling to find her death record hoping maybe there is something I'm missing.
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2046915 (top entry left page)
Thank you!
D.
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2046915 (top entry left page)
Thank you!
D.
Re: Help Translating Marriage record
Ninfa Rosaria Lucretia Ferraro was born and baptized today, Feb 18, 1744. Her parents were spouses Ignazio and Donna* (title) Pietra Ferraro.deigo1 wrote: 08 Aug 2024, 01:22 Hello could someone help with the translation of this baptism record for Ninfa Ferrara...I'm still struggling to find her death record hoping maybe there is something I'm missing.
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2046915 (top entry left page)
Thank you!
D.
Re: Help Translating Marriage record
Thank you for the translation!
I had question, as I went back to the death indexes last night to re-look for Ninfa under " N's ". I got to thinking am I looking under the wrong letter? This is first set of records I've found for the family in the actual church archive, so was wondering am I using the index incorrectly.
Meaning is she some how listed under her husband Antonino Trentacosti or her father Ignazio Ferrara? As I looked at the entries under N (example linked below), most seem to be male names that I could make out.
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2046915
*note - Ninfa Ferrara death range (June 1777 birth of child / husbands re-marriage Jan 1779 where is listed as her widower.)
Thank you,
D.
I had question, as I went back to the death indexes last night to re-look for Ninfa under " N's ". I got to thinking am I looking under the wrong letter? This is first set of records I've found for the family in the actual church archive, so was wondering am I using the index incorrectly.
Meaning is she some how listed under her husband Antonino Trentacosti or her father Ignazio Ferrara? As I looked at the entries under N (example linked below), most seem to be male names that I could make out.
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2046915
*note - Ninfa Ferrara death range (June 1777 birth of child / husbands re-marriage Jan 1779 where is listed as her widower.)
Thank you,
D.
Re: Help Translating Marriage record
Arcangela Trentacosti died on August 17, 1779, aged 4 years and 4 months. She was the daughter of Mastro Antonino Trentacosti, son of the late Mastro Leonardo, and the deceased Donna Ninfa Ferrara, daughter of the deceased Don Ignazio.
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2046915
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2046915
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?”
Slava Ukraine! 
תחי ישראל
Re: Help Translating Marriage record
Diego
I went through the indices, even looking for her other baptismal names. I also went record between June 1777 and Jan 1779, in case for some reason her name was overlooked in the indices. Sometimes church indices were added at a later date and not at the time a record was written, so a name may not appear in the index if, for example, the record was illegible or badly faded. There are many females in the indices, but there doesn’t appear to be any under the letter N, as far as I could tell. I also don’t know if there are any nearby parishes which would have a death record for her. I also had seen and bookmarked the record that mmogno located, but had other things to take care of today, and never got a chance earlier to post it. So I’m happy to see he found the record and translated it for you.
Erudita
I went through the indices, even looking for her other baptismal names. I also went record between June 1777 and Jan 1779, in case for some reason her name was overlooked in the indices. Sometimes church indices were added at a later date and not at the time a record was written, so a name may not appear in the index if, for example, the record was illegible or badly faded. There are many females in the indices, but there doesn’t appear to be any under the letter N, as far as I could tell. I also don’t know if there are any nearby parishes which would have a death record for her. I also had seen and bookmarked the record that mmogno located, but had other things to take care of today, and never got a chance earlier to post it. So I’m happy to see he found the record and translated it for you.
Erudita
Re: Help Translating Marriage record
Thank you both for the help here, I really appreciate your time.
@mmogno - Thank you for finding Ninfa's daughter death record. Knowing the two of three children were deceased and as well as their mother, I'm leaning more towards that their son Leonardo Ignazio, became known as the family member Ignazio I was searching for after his father remarried. It would have been the only surviving child of hers and Antonino so perhaps he became known as Ignazio in honor of her and her father (Ignazio) ?
@Eurdita - After reading your note I went back to the family search listing to look for nearby parishs if they would be online, but randomly I find a different film of deaths from 1751-1783 vs the 1770-1786 from the same church. Figuring it was just a duplicate, I start looking but when I get to the N's it looks different. I then found what I think is her!
Index of N (top right Ninpha 30costi)
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cat=975783
Bottom right of page, death entry continues on to the next page (seems like a long write up)
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cat=975783
Thanks!
D.
@mmogno - Thank you for finding Ninfa's daughter death record. Knowing the two of three children were deceased and as well as their mother, I'm leaning more towards that their son Leonardo Ignazio, became known as the family member Ignazio I was searching for after his father remarried. It would have been the only surviving child of hers and Antonino so perhaps he became known as Ignazio in honor of her and her father (Ignazio) ?
@Eurdita - After reading your note I went back to the family search listing to look for nearby parishs if they would be online, but randomly I find a different film of deaths from 1751-1783 vs the 1770-1786 from the same church. Figuring it was just a duplicate, I start looking but when I get to the N's it looks different. I then found what I think is her!
Index of N (top right Ninpha 30costi)
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cat=975783
Bottom right of page, death entry continues on to the next page (seems like a long write up)
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cat=975783
Thanks!
D.
Re: Help Translating Marriage record
Great job,Diego. It appears you did find her death record. #14 Dated Nov 19, 1778. Ninfa Trentacosti, wife of Maestro* Antonino, daughter of deceased Don*Ignazio Ferrara. About age 30 at death. The second page should be a list of the sacraments she received before death and who specifically administered them-the sacraments of Communion, extreme Unction (the Last Rites),Penance. Hopefully mmogno can decipher more of this page for you.
Erudita
*titles
Erudita
*titles
Re: Help Translating Marriage record
deigo1 wrote: 10 Aug 2024, 01:11 ...
@mmogno - Thank you for finding Ninfa's daughter death record. Knowing the two of three children were deceased and as well as their mother, I'm leaning more towards that their son Leonardo Ignazio, became known as the family member Ignazio I was searching for after his father remarried. It would have been the only surviving child of hers and Antonino so perhaps he became known as Ignazio in honor of her and her father (Ignazio) ? I agree.
...
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?”
Slava Ukraine! 
תחי ישראל
Re: Help Translating Marriage record
Wonderful thank you both!
I've scene this once prior (not this quick), but the quickness of remarriage in these times is something. Ninfa passed away in Nov. of 1778, and Antonino was remarried Jan 9, 1779.
I've scene this once prior (not this quick), but the quickness of remarriage in these times is something. Ninfa passed away in Nov. of 1778, and Antonino was remarried Jan 9, 1779.
Re: Help Translating Marriage record
Diego,
If the quickness of the remarriages are for widowers with minor children, then it would not be surprising to see those taking place so soon after the death of a wife. From what I’ve read, since the 1600s, Sicily has been dominated by “nuclear” households. This means that the newly wedded couple set up its own household apart from their parents and other extended family members. So, in the absence of a wife or family members to care for his minor children while he was at work, a widower was under a lot of pressure to remarry and obtain a step-mother for his children. As to how soon the remarriage could take place, I think it had to do with the three banns announced at the Masses to insure there were no impediments to the upcoming marriage. Normally, but not always, there was a week between each bann.
Erudita
If the quickness of the remarriages are for widowers with minor children, then it would not be surprising to see those taking place so soon after the death of a wife. From what I’ve read, since the 1600s, Sicily has been dominated by “nuclear” households. This means that the newly wedded couple set up its own household apart from their parents and other extended family members. So, in the absence of a wife or family members to care for his minor children while he was at work, a widower was under a lot of pressure to remarry and obtain a step-mother for his children. As to how soon the remarriage could take place, I think it had to do with the three banns announced at the Masses to insure there were no impediments to the upcoming marriage. Normally, but not always, there was a week between each bann.
Erudita

