Contacting Parroco S. Maria dei Vergini, Stella, Napoli

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Post Reply
weevie833
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 22
Joined: 25 Nov 2023, 01:32

Contacting Parroco S. Maria dei Vergini, Stella, Napoli

Post by weevie833 »

Has anyone been successful in getting a response from the Parroco S. Maria dei Vergini in Stella, Napoli related to a baptism record from the 1890s? I am at an impasse locating a birth record for my grandmother, Carmela Curcio, born September 8, 1892 since the Antenati records for Stella, Napoli are missing for several of those years.

- Is it better to send a letter or email? I sent a cordial email in Italian and English, but with no response.
- What is the title of the person who would address these requests? I assume they receive many of them.
- What would be an appropriate offering of appreciation for the assistance if there isn't already a set fee for this work?
- Is it better to hire someone to make this inquiry in-person on my behalf? If so, should I just look for someone on Fivrr.com or is there a reliable, affordable local agency for this work?

I have been working on this through various angles and alternatives for the past three years.

Thank you! Steve Covello
User avatar
PippoM
Master
Master
Posts: 5840
Joined: 25 Aug 2004, 00:00
Location: Roma, Italia
Contact:

Re: Contacting Parroco S. Maria dei Vergini, Stella, Napoli

Post by PippoM »

As you know the date and the district where she was born, you might request her birth record, or a certificate, to the third Municipality of the City of Naples. Here are the forms to fill in for the request:

https://www.comune.napoli.it/flex/cm/pa ... gina/28123
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
weevie833
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 22
Joined: 25 Nov 2023, 01:32

Re: Contacting Parroco S. Maria dei Vergini, Stella, Napoli

Post by weevie833 »

Thank you! Based on the choices on the page you linked above, I presume the form I need to complete is this:

https://www.comune.napoli.it/flex/cm/pa ... e=download

If you can point me to some guidance on the process, I would like to pursue this. I imagine that it entails a lot more than just mailing a form. Getting a copy of my kid's birth record was an ordeal!
User avatar
PippoM
Master
Master
Posts: 5840
Joined: 25 Aug 2004, 00:00
Location: Roma, Italia
Contact:

Re: Contacting Parroco S. Maria dei Vergini, Stella, Napoli

Post by PippoM »

You should send the filled in form to

municipalita3@comune.napoli.it

with a scan of you passport attached.
If you want a complete copy of the record, choose "copia integrale nascita".
In "uso documento" do not say it's for genealogical research, or they will say it's not a valid reason.
Say, for instance, "richiesta di cittadinanza italiana".
As you live abroad, I guess you do not have a PEC email address, that would be better, as it is considered a "certified" email. In that case, this would be the destination address:

municipalita3@pec.comune.napoli.it
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
Post Reply