Help with a Picture from San Leucio Del Sannio-Carabinieri?

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Post Reply
DelloIacovo
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 28
Joined: 21 Mar 2018, 15:02

Help with a Picture from San Leucio Del Sannio-Carabinieri?

Post by DelloIacovo »

Hello!
This is my Great Great Grandfather from San Leucio Del Sannio. He was born in 1872, but unfortunately there are no records as they were damaged by water. I do have this photo of him which is the Carabinieri uniform. I tried to email the office in San Leuico but no one ever got back to me. I had to use Google Translate :D
Anyway, I was curious if it is possible to find any records on him?
I have come to a complete stalemate, only finding his wife, Raeffaela, daughter Carmela, and son Giuseppe.
I guess the records arent so plentiful for that area. But maybe someone here could help guide me? I appreciate any help!
His name was Lorenzo Dello Iacovo. This picture must be when he was younger, prior to children as it states on other birth records that he was a farmer.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
Tessa78
Master
Master
Posts: 18381
Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 18:09

Re: Help with a Picture from San Leucio Del Sannio-Carabinieri?

Post by Tessa78 »

There are records (water damaged) available at the Antenati site.
They are VERY faint from water damaged, so not hopeful that even if we found the name, it would be readable... however...
The later annotations for marriages, etc. on the records seem to be easier to read. Do you know when he married with Raffaella? Perhaps a year? I will take a look.
There does not appear to be an index, so it will take some time.

Search San Leucio (without the del Sannio, which is its name today)

https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/search- ... 0Sannio%29

T.
Farassino
Master
Master
Posts: 787
Joined: 16 May 2024, 17:05

Re: Help with a Picture from San Leucio Del Sannio-Carabinieri?

Post by Farassino »

According to this family tree Lorenzo was born on September 16th, 1872.
First daughter born 1904.
https://www.familysearch.org/tree/perso ... s/LB9X-76G
Farassino
Master
Master
Posts: 787
Joined: 16 May 2024, 17:05

Re: Help with a Picture from San Leucio Del Sannio-Carabinieri?

Post by Farassino »

I guess you’ve found this already.

For reference:
This probably is Lorenzo’s wife.
Raffaela Izzo born 8th March, 1877 daughter of Felice, 50yo,
and Giuseppa Perillo, 36yo.
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 16/wE6kZ8q

Their daughter:
Angelica Maria Carmela Dello Iacovo born 30th April 1904.
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 96/LD6ox4E


1905 birth records (for their son Giuseppe) and marriage records are not present, as you know.

What you could do is to contact the Archivio di Stato di Benevento to see if his Ruoli Matricolari (military records) are present or maybe the Arma dei Carabinieri directly.
Farassino
Master
Master
Posts: 787
Joined: 16 May 2024, 17:05

Re: Help with a Picture from San Leucio Del Sannio-Carabinieri?

Post by Farassino »

I’ve noticed that the conversation regarding the Dello Iovico family started in 2020.
Here a few threads, but there are more.
https://www.italiangenealogy.com/forum/ ... 05#p302205

https://www.italiangenealogy.com/forum/ ... 53#p301953

https://www.italiangenealogy.com/forum/ ... 40#p301940

When you say that you tried to email the office in San Leucio what do you mean exactly?

Did you use this address?
segreteria@comune.sanleuciodelsannio.bn.it

Did you remember to attach a copy of your identity document to the request?
What did you specifically ask for?
Luciano Tolenti
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: 04 Nov 2024, 07:19

Re: Help with a Picture from San Leucio Del Sannio-Carabinieri?

Post by Luciano Tolenti »

Hi everyone! i am sorry I am writing here when it has nothing to do with this post. But how do I contact the admin of this webpager a moderator? thank you so much Thank you.
DelloIacovo
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 28
Joined: 21 Mar 2018, 15:02

Re: Help with a Picture from San Leucio Del Sannio-Carabinieri?

Post by DelloIacovo »

Farassino wrote: 05 Nov 2024, 16:18 I’ve noticed that the conversation regarding the Dello Iovico family started in 2020.
Here a few threads, but there are more.
https://www.italiangenealogy.com/forum/ ... 05#p302205

https://www.italiangenealogy.com/forum/ ... 53#p301953

https://www.italiangenealogy.com/forum/ ... 40#p301940

When you say that you tried to email the office in San Leucio what do you mean exactly?

Did you use this address?
segreteria@comune.sanleuciodelsannio.bn.it

Did you remember to attach a copy of your identity document to the request?
What did you specifically ask for?
Yes, thank you! That was one of my first requests on here. I haven’t gotten much further.
DelloIacovo
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 28
Joined: 21 Mar 2018, 15:02

Re: Help with a Picture from San Leucio Del Sannio-Carabinieri?

Post by DelloIacovo »

Tessa78 wrote: 04 Nov 2024, 22:11 There are records (water damaged) available at the Antenati site.
They are VERY faint from water damaged, so not hopeful that even if we found the name, it would be readable... however...
The later annotations for marriages, etc. on the records seem to be easier to read. Do you know when he married with Raffaella? Perhaps a year? I will take a look.
There does not appear to be an index, so it will take some time.

Search San Leucio (without the del Sannio, which is its name today)

https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/search- ... 0Sannio%29

T.
I have in my records Oct 2 1903. Do you know if there is a way to find his father and mother? I believe his father was Giuseppe from what I was told. It doesn’t seem there are any good records prior to Lorenzo’s birth. I have tried to research Italy from that time period, but it is very difficult not understanding Italian. I sure have tried though!

I don’t even know if it is possible to go back further than Lorenzo. And I could not find any marriage records on him or his siblings.
DelloIacovo
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 28
Joined: 21 Mar 2018, 15:02

Re: Help with a Picture from San Leucio Del Sannio-Carabinieri?

Post by DelloIacovo »

Farassino wrote: 05 Nov 2024, 16:18 I’ve noticed that the conversation regarding the Dello Iovico family started in 2020.
Here a few threads, but there are more.
https://www.italiangenealogy.com/forum/ ... 05#p302205

https://www.italiangenealogy.com/forum/ ... 53#p301953

https://www.italiangenealogy.com/forum/ ... 40#p301940

When you say that you tried to email the office in San Leucio what do you mean exactly?

Did you use this address?
segreteria@comune.sanleuciodelsannio.bn.it

Did you remember to attach a copy of your identity document to the request?
What did you specifically ask for?

This is the email I used, and the letter I sent.


Redazione.rassegna@carabinieri.it

Gentilissimi,
Spero che questa email vi trovi bene. Vi scrivo per richiedere assistenza nella ricerca dei record militari di mio nonno, [Nome Completo del Nonno], che ha servito nei Carabinieri. È nato il 18 ottobre 1872 a San Leucio del Sannio.
In allegato troverete una fotografia di lui in uniforme dei Carabinieri, che potrebbe aiutare nell’identificazione del suo periodo di servizio e di eventuali record pertinenti.
Sarei immensamente grato se poteste fornirmi informazioni riguardo al suo servizio o indicazioni su come accedere a specifici documenti.
Vi ringrazio anticipatamente per la vostra disponibilità e assistenza.
Cordiali saluti,
Post Reply