Hello! I am looking for a birth certificate for my great grandfather. Here is his info-
Name: Ignacio or Ignazio Cullaro or Cullara
D.O.B.: April 25, 1898
Location: San Stefano Quisquina, Agrigento, Sicily
Mother: Maria Rosa Mataluzza
Father: Pepe Giuseppe Cullaro or Cullara
I am definitely open to the idea of going to get my copy in person. But I’m in a wheelchair and would like to book my trip at least knowing it’s there and available for official copies.
Any tips/help/pointers/info you can supply will be immensely helpful. Thank you!
Susie
Looking for great grandfather’s birth certificate - he was born 1898 in San Stefano Quisquina, in Agrigento
Re: Looking for great grandfather’s birth certificate - he was born 1898 in San Stefano Quisquina, in Agrigento
Can you give some more Info?
When he emigrated, where he settled, names of American family...
When he emigrated, where he settled, names of American family...
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi
Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
Re: Looking for great grandfather’s birth certificate - he was born 1898 in San Stefano Quisquina, in Agrigento
How confident are you that your Ignazio was born in that location and on that date?
I’ve looked at Santo Stefano Quisquina birth register indexes from 1889 to 1910 and the only Cullaro Ignazio I’ve found was born in 1896 but from different parents.
I’ve looked at Santo Stefano Quisquina birth register indexes from 1889 to 1910 and the only Cullaro Ignazio I’ve found was born in 1896 but from different parents.
Re: Looking for great grandfather’s birth certificate - he was born 1898 in San Stefano Quisquina, in Agrigento
He arrived in NYC in 1901 with his family and they wound up in Tampa, FL where my mother’s family is from.
His first name might also be spelled Ignacio and his last name might also be spelled Cullara.
Thanks so much everyone!
His first name might also be spelled Ignacio and his last name might also be spelled Cullara.
Thanks so much everyone!
Re: Looking for great grandfather’s birth certificate - he was born 1898 in San Stefano Quisquina, in Agrigento
Also I got his parents’ names wrong - please try Assunta Cannelli and Pasquale Cullaro. Thanks!
Re: Looking for great grandfather’s birth certificate - he was born 1898 in San Stefano Quisquina, in Agrigento
Ok then.
The Ignazio Cullaro born on 11 April 1896 has the parents you mentioned.
Pasquale and Maria Assunta Cannella.
Here’s the link. Act #90.
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... 9810&i=774
I’ve also found the 2 ship manifests.
One in 1898 for Pasquale and the other in 1901 for the rest of the family.
Let me know if you need them.
The Ignazio Cullaro born on 11 April 1896 has the parents you mentioned.
Pasquale and Maria Assunta Cannella.
Here’s the link. Act #90.
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... 9810&i=774
I’ve also found the 2 ship manifests.
One in 1898 for Pasquale and the other in 1901 for the rest of the family.
Let me know if you need them.
Re: Looking for great grandfather’s birth certificate - he was born 1898 in San Stefano Quisquina, in Agrigento
This is fantastic, thank you so much! You made my day.
Will a printed copy of this suffice to apply for my passport or do I need the original copy?
Will a printed copy of this suffice to apply for my passport or do I need the original copy?
Re: Looking for great grandfather’s birth certificate - he was born 1898 in San Stefano Quisquina, in Agrigento
I learned that this document is just a register to record births; it’s not his actual birth certificate?

