[Help with information/documentation]
Hello, everyone! I hope you're doing well!
I would like help finding my great-great-grandfather Tommaso Montebello's birth, baptism and marriage information. Most of the information in Family Search on your profile comes from an unreliable source.
Not sure about your region of origin or commune.
My only certainty is the names of his children (including my great-grandfather Marcílio Montebello). Thank you for any help!
Anyone who can help with any information, I would appreciate it! It's been more than 6 months searching, but without any significant progress...
Searching for Montebello Family
-
bmontebello
- Newbie

- Posts: 3
- Joined: 04 Dec 2024, 22:24
Searching for Montebello Family
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Re: Searching for Montebello Family
Hi,
On family search there’s this other tree which looks more realistic.
I only checked Riccardo Giacomo and Antonio Angelo and they were effectively born in Gorgo al Monticano in 1896 and 1897 respectively.
Did you came across this tree?
https://www.familysearch.org/tree/perso ... s/LBBR-TSH
Unfortunately no marriage records are present and also many death ones are missing.
The 1897 ship manifest states that only Celeste, Pietro and Riccardo travelled with Tommaso Montebello and Angela Marchesin.
https://acervodigital.museudaimigracao. ... 61_059.pdf
Pietro’s 1889 birth act is reconstructed in 1926 but the mother is stated as Giovanna Mattiuzzo. Could she have been Tommaso’s first wife?
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... 87852&i=46
What about Celeste? Was she a foundling as written on the manifest?
If I read correctly that is.
On family search there’s this other tree which looks more realistic.
I only checked Riccardo Giacomo and Antonio Angelo and they were effectively born in Gorgo al Monticano in 1896 and 1897 respectively.
Did you came across this tree?
https://www.familysearch.org/tree/perso ... s/LBBR-TSH
Unfortunately no marriage records are present and also many death ones are missing.
The 1897 ship manifest states that only Celeste, Pietro and Riccardo travelled with Tommaso Montebello and Angela Marchesin.
https://acervodigital.museudaimigracao. ... 61_059.pdf
Pietro’s 1889 birth act is reconstructed in 1926 but the mother is stated as Giovanna Mattiuzzo. Could she have been Tommaso’s first wife?
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... 87852&i=46
What about Celeste? Was she a foundling as written on the manifest?
If I read correctly that is.
Re: Searching for Montebello Family
In the passenger list there is a note that one of the children (Antonio Angelo?, son of Angela Marchesin) died on board and that the family is from the province of Treviso.
Pag. 24-25/45
https://acervodigital.museudaimigracao. ... 000344.pdf
Pag. 24-25/45
https://acervodigital.museudaimigracao. ... 000344.pdf
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?”
Slava Ukraine! 
תחי ישראל
-
bmontebello
- Newbie

- Posts: 3
- Joined: 04 Dec 2024, 22:24
Re: Searching for Montebello Family
Hi!
I've been working on this tree in Family Search's site (https://www.familysearch.org/tree/perso ... s/LBBR-TSH). Everything I got about Tommaso and his family I update there...
I found the ship manifest too, but I'm feeling I'm still so far away from any high knowledge about Tommaso...
And you're right! Giovanna Mattiuzzo was Tommaso's first wife and Pietro's mother. I received this information from a Facebook group that I asked for help too.
Celeste was mentioned in the ship manifest, but I still have no information about her history after the travel and, as far as I know, she was adopted by Tommaso and Angela during the travel to Brazil.
I've been working on this tree in Family Search's site (https://www.familysearch.org/tree/perso ... s/LBBR-TSH). Everything I got about Tommaso and his family I update there...
I found the ship manifest too, but I'm feeling I'm still so far away from any high knowledge about Tommaso...
And you're right! Giovanna Mattiuzzo was Tommaso's first wife and Pietro's mother. I received this information from a Facebook group that I asked for help too.
Celeste was mentioned in the ship manifest, but I still have no information about her history after the travel and, as far as I know, she was adopted by Tommaso and Angela during the travel to Brazil.
Farassino wrote: 11 Dec 2024, 00:50 Hi,
On family search there’s this other tree which looks more realistic.
I only checked Riccardo Giacomo and Antonio Angelo and they were effectively born in Gorgo al Monticano in 1896 and 1897 respectively.
Did you came across this tree?
https://www.familysearch.org/tree/perso ... s/LBBR-TSH
Unfortunately no marriage records are present and also many death ones are missing.
The 1897 ship manifest states that only Celeste, Pietro and Riccardo travelled with Tommaso Montebello and Angela Marchesin.
https://acervodigital.museudaimigracao. ... 61_059.pdf
Pietro’s 1889 birth act is reconstructed in 1926 but the mother is stated as Giovanna Mattiuzzo. Could she have been Tommaso’s first wife?
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... 87852&i=46
What about Celeste? Was she a foundling as written on the manifest?
If I read correctly that is.
-
bmontebello
- Newbie

- Posts: 3
- Joined: 04 Dec 2024, 22:24
Re: Searching for Montebello Family
Hello!
I believe there's any chance that the child who's dead during the travel could be Antonio Angelo, but I'm still not sure about it...unfortunately
I believe there's any chance that the child who's dead during the travel could be Antonio Angelo, but I'm still not sure about it...unfortunately
mmogno wrote: 11 Dec 2024, 17:10 In the passenger list there is a note that one of the children (Antonio Angelo?, son of Angela Marchesin) died on board and that the family is from the province of Treviso.
Pag. 24-25/45
https://acervodigital.museudaimigracao. ... 000344.pdf
