Hello everyone.
I am looking for information about a relative of mine who emigrated to America in the early 1900s.
His name was Pasquale Cavallo son of Francesco and Maddalena Di Iorio.
He was born around 1880 in Galdo di Sicignano (Salerno) .
I thank you in advance for any information.
Vincenzo Cavallo
Pasquale Cavallo
Re: Pasquale Cavallo
Hello Vincenzo,
This is, I believe, your family tree very well detailed and with some Italian records.
https://www.familysearch.org/tree/perso ... s/GG4R-LMT
From what I can see there’s no Pasquale amongst the siblings.
But we know that Rosaria travelled to the States in 1905 to join her brother Pasquale as stated on the ship manifest. Line #10.
https://heritage.statueofliberty.org/sh ... cGciOw==/1
Unfortunately, as you presumably know, some records for those years are missing online.
Have you any other information regarding Pasquale? His USA arrival, marriage, etc.
Also, do you know when and where Francesco and Maddalena got married?
This is, I believe, your family tree very well detailed and with some Italian records.
https://www.familysearch.org/tree/perso ... s/GG4R-LMT
From what I can see there’s no Pasquale amongst the siblings.
But we know that Rosaria travelled to the States in 1905 to join her brother Pasquale as stated on the ship manifest. Line #10.
https://heritage.statueofliberty.org/sh ... cGciOw==/1
Unfortunately, as you presumably know, some records for those years are missing online.
Have you any other information regarding Pasquale? His USA arrival, marriage, etc.
Also, do you know when and where Francesco and Maddalena got married?
-
vcavallo68
- Newbie

- Posts: 7
- Joined: 06 Jun 2024, 08:08
Re: Pasquale Cavallo
Yes, your link is on family tree I made whit long research.
Unfortunately not found some years in archive born in Italy.
Yes I know that Rosaria join in USA in 1905 and join to her brother but non found no one information about him....
No information in Italy no information in USA....
So cross finger and I hope to found information or relative - decendents from him in USA
Regards
Unfortunately not found some years in archive born in Italy.
Yes I know that Rosaria join in USA in 1905 and join to her brother but non found no one information about him....
No information in Italy no information in USA....
So cross finger and I hope to found information or relative - decendents from him in USA
Regards
-
vcavallo68
- Newbie

- Posts: 7
- Joined: 06 Jun 2024, 08:08
Re: Pasquale Cavallo
I am sorry, but I have not been able to find any information about the marriage of Francesco and Maddalena Di Iorio.
At the moment I have not been able to find any information on the year of their marriage, but it seems that they said "I do" in Galdo degli Alburni (Salerno) i think around 1876. (I am sure on this)
As soon as possible I will go and do a church search.
They were my great grandparents.
At the moment I have not been able to find any information on the year of their marriage, but it seems that they said "I do" in Galdo degli Alburni (Salerno) i think around 1876. (I am sure on this)
As soon as possible I will go and do a church search.
They were my great grandparents.
Re: Pasquale Cavallo
I couldn't find the marriage record in Galdo in 1876.
You can check by yourself here:
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/search- ... Alburni%22
You can check by yourself here:
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/search- ... Alburni%22
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi
Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
-
vcavallo68
- Newbie

- Posts: 7
- Joined: 06 Jun 2024, 08:08
Re: Pasquale Cavallo
Ciao Pippo.
Si lo so alcuni anni sono mancanti purtroppo.
Prossimamente cercherò direttamente nei registri della chiesa.
Non riesco a capire come è possibile che non trovo nulla ne in Italia ne negli Usa sul figlio che pure era li nel 1905.
Misteri
E sono nemmeno a metà della mia ricerca.
Ho ancora praticamente tutta la mia famiglia materna
Si lo so alcuni anni sono mancanti purtroppo.
Prossimamente cercherò direttamente nei registri della chiesa.
Non riesco a capire come è possibile che non trovo nulla ne in Italia ne negli Usa sul figlio che pure era li nel 1905.
Misteri
E sono nemmeno a metà della mia ricerca.
Ho ancora praticamente tutta la mia famiglia materna
Re: Pasquale Cavallo
Sei certo che sia una persona distinta, e non uno dei fratelli, che veniva chiamato con un nome diverso da quello "ufficiale"?
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi
Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
-
vcavallo68
- Newbie

- Posts: 7
- Joined: 06 Jun 2024, 08:08
Re: Pasquale Cavallo
Credo proprio che sia il nome "ufficiale" perché all'epoca nella mia zona si usava dare ai figli il nome dei nonni. E a lui essendo il primo figlio maschio "toccava" il nome Pasquale.
Purtroppo nell'archivio provinciale mancano alcuni anni e sono quelli probabili della sua nascita
Appena potrò consultare i registri dei battesimi ne sarò certo
Purtroppo nell'archivio provinciale mancano alcuni anni e sono quelli probabili della sua nascita
Appena potrò consultare i registri dei battesimi ne sarò certo
