My wife and sisters are looking for documentation on a maternal ancestor for a 1948 petition. Here are the details we have:
Rosario Loffredo b. 15 Mar 1900 in Palermo, Città Metropolitana di Palermo, Sicilia, Italy
daughter of Eugenio Loffredo b. 10 Feb 1880 in Monreale, Palermo, Sicily and Domenica Maltese b. 1877 in Villafranca Sicula, Agrigento, Sicilia, Italy.
Arriving in New York 16 Apr 1905 on the S.S. Washington with parents (although her name is hard to read, it seems to coincide with later US Census records)
They lived in Rochester, New York through subsequent generations.
Thanks so much for any documentation you can find on the family. While the 1948 case is going through the legal system, the sisters and family are planning to visit some of these locales in the very near future.
Documentation on Rosaria Loffredo b. 1900 Palermo, Sicily
Re: Documentation on Rosaria Loffredo b. 1900 Palermo, Sicily
Record #88, birth of Eugenio Loffreda, son of Francesco and Francesca EMMANUELE, on Feb 10, 1880 at Chiasso Macaluso in Monreale.
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... 050&i=1387
I cannot find the birth of Domenica MALTESE in Villafranca Sicula in 1877.
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... 229&i=2090
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... 050&i=1387
I cannot find the birth of Domenica MALTESE in Villafranca Sicula in 1877.
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... 229&i=2090
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?”
Slava Ukraine! 
תחי ישראל
Re: Documentation on Rosaria Loffredo b. 1900 Palermo, Sicily
Thanks so much for this info. Helps to fill in some details on the parents I did not have previously. If I can’t find the birth record for Rosario, there’s another maternal ancestor I can use. I’ll provide what info I have on all of the prospective maternal ancestors to the attorney and see what they may be able to find with a broader search.
Grazie Mille!
Grazie Mille!
Re: Documentation on Rosaria Loffredo b. 1900 Palermo, Sicily
Loffredo Rosaria daughter of Eugenio and Maltese Domenica, born on 18.03.1900, volume 409, num. 1166
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... 6910&i=568
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... 6910&i=568
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?”
Slava Ukraine! 
תחי ישראל
Re: Documentation on Rosaria Loffredo b. 1900 Palermo, Sicily
Thank you for finding a birth record for Rosaria Loffreda. Fantastico. I didn’t have an exact birth year for Domenica Maltese. It could have been +/- a year. Her parents were Fillippo Maltese and Maria Ballzezato, but I don’t have any birthdates for either of them. My searches on FamilySearch have not yielded any results.
Grazie Mille!
Grazie Mille!

