Hi all,
I am currently searching for the birth records of my great great grandfather and have hit a bit of a wall. I'm hoping somebody may be able to point me in the right direction.
he was born on 11th February 1879, believed to be in Naples (my grandparents are quite sure about this). I don't unfortunately know the municipality in which he was born. At some point he moved to London as I have multiple records of him there. In the 1921 census records, his birthplace is listed as "YC". I haven't been able to decipher what this means.
So far I know:
Name: Francesco Monti
Birthdate: 11th February 1879
Fathers name: Vincenzo Monti
Fathers occupation: Seaman
Any and all guidance would be very much appreciated.
Seeking Guidance In My Search For Ancestors Birth Records From Naples 1879
-
James_Monti
- Newbie

- Posts: 2
- Joined: 12 Dec 2024, 02:24
Re: Seeking Guidance In My Search For Ancestors Birth Records From Naples 1879
Hi James,
Where, when and with whom did he get married? Sons?
Name of his mother?
Anything relevant that you wish to share with us?
Where, when and with whom did he get married? Sons?
Name of his mother?
Anything relevant that you wish to share with us?
Re: Seeking Guidance In My Search For Ancestors Birth Records From Naples 1879
Check La Grande Famille de Procida & Ischia
https://archives.procida-family.com/App ... ?langue=EN
https://archives.procida-family.com/App ... ?langue=EN
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?”
Slava Ukraine! 
תחי ישראל
-
James_Monti
- Newbie

- Posts: 2
- Joined: 12 Dec 2024, 02:24
Re: Seeking Guidance In My Search For Ancestors Birth Records From Naples 1879
Thanks for the responses!
I have a copy of the original marriage certificate which indicates that he married Maria Prete (also Italian) 22nd August 1907 in Holborn London. They then had two children. Salvatore Monti in 1914 and Annina Monti in 1916.
I unfortunately do not know the name of his mother, she isn't mentioned on any of the documents I have.
I haven't been able to find any record of them in London prior to the marriage. Once married, it appears that they remained in London with him working as a greengrocer, ice cream vendor and eventually becoming a cafe proprietor.
I have a copy of the original marriage certificate which indicates that he married Maria Prete (also Italian) 22nd August 1907 in Holborn London. They then had two children. Salvatore Monti in 1914 and Annina Monti in 1916.
I unfortunately do not know the name of his mother, she isn't mentioned on any of the documents I have.
I haven't been able to find any record of them in London prior to the marriage. Once married, it appears that they remained in London with him working as a greengrocer, ice cream vendor and eventually becoming a cafe proprietor.
