I was wondering if anyone here could assist. I'm looking for a marriage certificate for someone who got married between 1873 and 1883 in Capannori, Lucca (Tuscany). I've tried FamilySearch, and I could only find information about their wedding overseas, but I'm quite sure they were married in Italy and had kids there. I'm also looking for the birth certificates of the kids who were born during that period.
Information:
Groom: Valentino Baccetti - Born in Massa Macinaia, Capannori on 04/06/1853
Bride: Rosa Gandolfi
Daughter: Christina Baccetti
Son: Giuseppe Baccetti
Is there any place with archives in Capannori that I could contact and try to request for a search?
Thank you
How to search for marriage/birth certificate
-
mchfernand
- Newbie

- Posts: 3
- Joined: 25 Feb 2025, 01:37
Re: How to search for marriage/birth certificate
When you say that you’ve tried Family Search do you mean you saw this Family Tree?
https://www.familysearch.org/en/tree/pe ... s/9NFX-RP9
Vital records for Capannori 1866-1935 are present on Family Search, including the decennial indexes.
Have a look:
https://www.familysearch.org/en/search/catalog/721177
https://www.familysearch.org/en/tree/pe ... s/9NFX-RP9
Vital records for Capannori 1866-1935 are present on Family Search, including the decennial indexes.
Have a look:
https://www.familysearch.org/en/search/catalog/721177
Re: How to search for marriage/birth certificate
If you need, I could help you because I have to go in the Capannori zone.
Please contact me in private.
Please contact me in private.
-
mjclayton1
- Elite

- Posts: 441
- Joined: 01 Jun 2014, 18:11
- Location: Peninsula, San Francisco Bay Area
Re: How to search for marriage/birth certificate
Farassino wrote: 07 Mar 2025, 01:25 When you say that you’ve tried Family Search do you mean you saw this Family Tree?
https://www.familysearch.org/en/tree/pe ... s/9NFX-RP9
Vital records for Capannori 1866-1935 are present on Family Search, including the decennial indexes.
Have a look:
https://www.familysearch.org/en/search/catalog/721177
From that Tree, looks like the marriage was in Sao Paolo, Brazil. Children, too. I checked the Capannori indices (I have VERY good cheats to easily/quickly access all data from those) and there's no such marriage listed in 1866-1875, 1876-1885 or 1886-1895.
-
mchfernand
- Newbie

- Posts: 3
- Joined: 25 Feb 2025, 01:37
Re: How to search for marriage/birth certificate
Hi,
That's exactly part of my family tree and whatever is there is what I have found so far.
The big question is to know if Valentino Baccetti and Rosa Gandolfi were already married before moving to Brazil. Besides that, I want to try to find the information if any of the children were born in Italy.
My grand-aunty, who is alive and is 92 yo, says that Christina Baccetti (Valentino and Rosa's daughter) was born in Italy.
Is there any way to confirm that?
Is there any place in Capannori where they can search for it if I give a range of years?
That's exactly part of my family tree and whatever is there is what I have found so far.
The big question is to know if Valentino Baccetti and Rosa Gandolfi were already married before moving to Brazil. Besides that, I want to try to find the information if any of the children were born in Italy.
My grand-aunty, who is alive and is 92 yo, says that Christina Baccetti (Valentino and Rosa's daughter) was born in Italy.
Is there any way to confirm that?
Is there any place in Capannori where they can search for it if I give a range of years?
-
mchfernand
- Newbie

- Posts: 3
- Joined: 25 Feb 2025, 01:37
Re: How to search for marriage/birth certificate
I have spent innumerous hours going through so many pages, lists, registrations, but I couldn't find any confirmation that they were married in Italy before the registration of their marriage in Brazil.mjclayton1 wrote: 08 Mar 2025, 08:07Farassino wrote: 07 Mar 2025, 01:25 When you say that you’ve tried Family Search do you mean you saw this Family Tree?
https://www.familysearch.org/en/tree/pe ... s/9NFX-RP9
Vital records for Capannori 1866-1935 are present on Family Search, including the decennial indexes.
Have a look:
https://www.familysearch.org/en/search/catalog/721177
From that Tree, looks like the marriage was in Sao Paolo, Brazil. Children, too. I checked the Capannori indices (I have VERY good cheats to easily/quickly access all data from those) and there's no such marriage listed in 1866-1875, 1876-1885 or 1886-1895.
Valentino Baccetti was born in Italy in 1853 and then married in Brazil in 1885, which means he was 32yo.
Isn't that a late age for that time? I'd assume they would get married and get kids in their early 20s.
My grand-aunty, says Christina Baccetti was 12 when moved to Brazil. And my assumption is the registration at the church (baptism) at that time was the only way to get a "type of ID", and that's why she was "registered" as a new child".
That's why I believe Valentino and Rosa moved to Brazil with their entire family in their early 30s.
And how can I find information about Rosa Gandolfi in Italy? Where and when she was born for example.
Some documents it also shows as Anna Rosa Gandolfi? And in many they say she is Italian.
I couldn't find anything.
