I can read the basics - names, ages, parents, wife, etc. - but since he died at age 33 in 1945, I wondered if he was killed in war? I'm fairly sure he served in the military.
War Casualty?
Re: War Casualty?
It wasn't explicitly written he was killed in war, it was written he died in hospital and it wasn't written the cause of the death.
Fraulino Santi died on 22nd April 1945, the death was registered in the Comune on 24th and World War II in Italy ended the next day, on 25th April.
The hospital was the "ospedale sanatoriale", that means "sanatorium", a hospital specialized for long-term cure of respiratory diseases, especially tuberculosis.
The front line was in Sicily in 1943 and then went to North, at the end of the war the front line was in Northern Italy, about 1500 km Norther from Siracusa, so I doubt he was a war casualty.
But those times were very hard times and many people suffered for diseases and starvation.
Fraulino Santi died on 22nd April 1945, the death was registered in the Comune on 24th and World War II in Italy ended the next day, on 25th April.
The hospital was the "ospedale sanatoriale", that means "sanatorium", a hospital specialized for long-term cure of respiratory diseases, especially tuberculosis.
The front line was in Sicily in 1943 and then went to North, at the end of the war the front line was in Northern Italy, about 1500 km Norther from Siracusa, so I doubt he was a war casualty.
But those times were very hard times and many people suffered for diseases and starvation.

