Arcangela Lombardo

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Post Reply
darkerhorse
Master
Master
Posts: 4006
Joined: 11 Jun 2020, 18:31

Arcangela Lombardo

Post by darkerhorse »

What is the name of the mother of the deceased, and is a husband of the deceased mentioned?

https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 31/wXyv4jZ
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master
Posts: 8078
Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54

Re: Arcangela Lombardo

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

I'm reading the mother's name to be Gioachina Cannella (deceased).
I don't see a mention of a husband.

Angela
User avatar
liviomoreno
Master
Master
Posts: 7116
Joined: 13 Feb 2004, 00:00
Location: Rome, Italy
Contact:

Re: Arcangela Lombardo

Post by liviomoreno »

Could be Gioachina Catinella, a surname still existing in Solarino
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master
Posts: 8078
Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54

Re: Arcangela Lombardo

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

liviomoreno wrote: 05 May 2025, 09:51 Could be Gioachina Catinella, a surname still existing in Solarino

Ciao Livio

Yes it could be Catinella. I had wondered about that too but when I looked at the index it looked more like Cannella to me. I see in the indices of other years the surname Catinella.

Angela
darkerhorse
Master
Master
Posts: 4006
Joined: 11 Jun 2020, 18:31

Re: Arcangela Lombardo

Post by darkerhorse »

Thanks.
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master
Posts: 8078
Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54

Re: Arcangela Lombardo

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

You're welcome. Now that I see the record and the index with fresh eyes, and given the fact that I didn't see the surname Cannella in any of the indices I looked at, I would say that the surname is Catinella, as Livio has suggested. The name Catinella I did see in some of the indices and as Livio has said, the name still exists in Solarino.

Angela
darkerhorse
Master
Master
Posts: 4006
Joined: 11 Jun 2020, 18:31

Re: Arcangela Lombardo

Post by darkerhorse »

AngelaGrace56 wrote: 05 May 2025, 22:36 You're welcome. Now that I see the record and the index with fresh eyes, and given the fact that I didn't see the surname Cannella in any of the indices I looked at, I would say that the surname is Catinella, as Livio has suggested. The name Catinella I did see in some of the indices and as Livio has said, the name still exists in Solarino.

Angela
I'll go with Catinella.
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master
Posts: 8078
Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54

Re: Arcangela Lombardo

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

Good choice.

Angela
darkerhorse
Master
Master
Posts: 4006
Joined: 11 Jun 2020, 18:31

Re: Arcangela Lombardo

Post by darkerhorse »

Semu d'accordu.
Post Reply