A different Caputi search!

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Post Reply
mOja-Caputi
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: 03 Apr 2025, 05:53

A different Caputi search!

Post by mOja-Caputi »

I'm back again! This time I have a whole new line of Caputi's I need help with. My grandmother has recently connected with a cousin of hers who apparently also has Caputi lineage. Him and I connected as well and he has asked me for help on his background. Now he is an older gentleman who has disclosed that he has no relatives around to help him either (very similar to my previous situation, which was helped! shoutout to Miss Angela!). He has given me his permission to post this information and ask for help on his behalf. He believes he has found some things and we think we were able to find a few of his ancestors via https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/?lang=en . The trouble we are having now is that we are stuck again. The information we have so far is this, his great grandmother was named Maria Consiglia Caputi. His great grandfather was Donato Caputi, he was married to Porzia Campanale. Neither of us have been able to find anything further back on either of them. His grandfather was Carmine Marallo (1890 - 1936). He was married to the aforementioned Maria Consiglia Caputi (1893 - 1973). Carmine's brother, Giuseppe A (Joseph) (1887/78 1975) also married a Caputi, her name was Maria Carmela (1891 - 1991). Brothers married sisters I guess. According to a marriage certificate for Joe and Maria Carmela, her parents were Donato Caputi and Porzia Campanale. He found birth records on an Italian site that listed five of Donato and Porzias children. Here is the birth record information he found. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated, I asked him if I could post this here as he has been searching for many years more than I and was stuck at a wall. I recently had help here myself so I think this site and it's people are great! Hope everyone is having a fantastic day.
Mauro Caputi
1885–1968
BIRTH 21 FEB 1885 • Bari, Bari, Puglia, Italy
DEATH NOV 1968

Emanuella Carmella Caputi
1886–
BIRTH 29 JUN 1886 • Bari, Bari, Puglia, Italy

Aurelio Caputi
1889–
BIRTH 13 JUL 1889 • Bari, Bari, Puglia, Italy

Maria Carmella Caputi
1891–1991
BIRTH AUG 3 1891 • Ruvo DiPuglia
DEATH JAN 27 1991 • Peekskill n.y.

Maria Consiglia Caputi
1893–1973
BIRTH 26 APR 1893 • Italy
DEATH 11 MAY 1973 • Peekskill, Westchester, New York, USA

Maria Giovanna Nicola Caputi
1895–
BIRTH 5 OCT 1895 • Bari, Bari, Puglia, Italy

Maria Vincenza Caputi
1898–
BIRTH 4 OCT 1898 • Bari, Bari, Puglia, Italy
User avatar
PippoM
Master
Master
Posts: 5841
Joined: 25 Aug 2004, 00:00
Location: Roma, Italia
Contact:

Re: A different Caputi search!

Post by PippoM »

According to this:

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... 535-237-92

Maria Consiglia Caputi was born in Ruvo di Puglia, too, but, unfortunately, birth records for 1893 are not available online.
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
Post Reply