Looking for Monteverde in Milano

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Post Reply
gdsm
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: 11 May 2025, 00:12

Looking for Monteverde in Milano

Post by gdsm »

Salve,

I am looking for Birth of Angelo circa 1851 whose father was Laurence or Lorenzo. Angelo is believed to have been born in Milan, Italy and at some point before 1878 he moved to Manchester England.

Any help finding date and location of birth would be much appreciated.

Grazia,

Gordon
Farassino
Master
Master
Posts: 787
Joined: 16 May 2024, 17:05

Re: Looking for Monteverde in Milano

Post by Farassino »

Ciao Gordon,

Ideally we would need more informations to begin searching.
Did he move to England on his own?
Anything else that you know?
gdsm
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: 11 May 2025, 00:12

Re: Looking for Monteverde in Milano

Post by gdsm »

Ciao Farassino,

Unfortunately, that is all I have regarding both of them. Lawrence is mentioned on the marriage certificate of Angelo and Elizabeth Fitton in 1878, their first son was also called Angelo, on his baptism record there is the mention of what looks like Joannes Gaubaldi. There is no other mention of either Lawrence or Joannes in any documents I have found. Angelo and Elizabeth also had five other children, Samuel, James, Jane, William and Edwin.

I have not been able to find any record of an Angelo or Lawrence entering England.
User avatar
Tessa78
Master
Master
Posts: 18381
Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 18:09

Re: Looking for Monteverde in Milano

Post by Tessa78 »

For reference, here is the marriage act you mention.
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... n&groupId=

T
gdsm
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: 11 May 2025, 00:12

Re: Looking for Monteverde in Milano

Post by gdsm »

@Tessa78 Thank you, I have all birth certificates back to Angelo's children, all marriage certificates back to Angelo's marriage shown in the church register in your link, all death certificates back to James (Angelo's son)

Regarding the marriage act, I am not sure if one of the witnesses has an Italian name or not. Your thoughts?
User avatar
Tessa78
Master
Master
Posts: 18381
Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 18:09

Re: Looking for Monteverde in Milano

Post by Tessa78 »

Witnesses appear to be Nicholas Cassinile and Jane Fitton.

May I ask why you think Angelo was born in Milano?

T.
gdsm
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: 11 May 2025, 00:12

Re: Looking for Monteverde in Milano

Post by gdsm »

You have better eye sight than I do :) I would never have got Cassinile

Angelo appears in the 1921 Census, column 7 has Italy, Milan. This Census was completed by his daughter Jane which is why I think it also contains Milan, whereas the others have just stated Italy and Italian.
Post Reply