At a standstill with two names on this birth certificate.
-
Smarty2pop
- Newbie

- Posts: 18
- Joined: 15 Nov 2017, 07:53
At a standstill with two names on this birth certificate.
Hoping you might aid me with any clues you may find in this document naming Nicola Spichetti and Angela D'Avella in this birth certificate of Vincenzo Spichetti. As the ages listed for both of them, in this document, brings them at a birth date each of the 1700's. Im unable to dig much further. I can't find a marriage record for them either. Are their any other mention of their parents names? Ultimately I know all things stop, but I'm really hoping there may be a clue to help me further my search just a bit more.
-
AngelaGrace56
- Master

- Posts: 8078
- Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54
Re: At a standstill with two names on this birth certificate.
So the baby's parents Nicola Spichetti was 28 yo, a day labourer and his wife Angela D'Avella was 24 years old as you probably can read. Their parents names are not mentioned in this birth record. You'll have to look for Nicola and Angela's respective death records which should include their parents names.
Angela
Angela
-
Smarty2pop
- Newbie

- Posts: 18
- Joined: 15 Nov 2017, 07:53
Re: At a standstill with two names on this birth certificate.
Thank you. I saw in the last sentence in the first paragraph it was capitalized like a last name Mascolino. I'm OK with picking out names in documents and ages, but that's as good as it gets for me. I was hoping that may be a last name. Thank you for clarifying that it wasn't. One last question, on a death document does it list the name of the spouse on it. As I did find a death document for Nicole listing the parents names approximately the same age as him, but no mention of Angela D'Avella.
-
AngelaGrace56
- Master

- Posts: 8078
- Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54
Re: At a standstill with two names on this birth certificate.
No, in this case the word Mascolino is describing the gender of the baby – of male sex.
Yes, generally the name of the spouse would be recorded in the death record. That’s why death records are so good, they record the deceased’s spouse and the names of both parents. I’ve also seen a list of the deceased’s children included, but not as common. If there isn’t a spouse mentioned then his marital status should be recorded and you might see the word “Celeb” meaning never married or vedovo (widower). If he was a widower then it should include his wife’s name unless the declarants of the death didn’t know her name? Can you post the record here and I’ll check it for you.
(It would be so helpful to your research if you can locate Angela and Nicola’s death records because then you can search for younger syblings marriages, if relevant, which may include marriage attachments (allegati/processetti) which can be a gold mine for a genealogist.)
Edit to Add: For an unmarried deceased woman you might see the word "Nubile" or for a widowed deceased woman vedova.
Angela
Yes, generally the name of the spouse would be recorded in the death record. That’s why death records are so good, they record the deceased’s spouse and the names of both parents. I’ve also seen a list of the deceased’s children included, but not as common. If there isn’t a spouse mentioned then his marital status should be recorded and you might see the word “Celeb” meaning never married or vedovo (widower). If he was a widower then it should include his wife’s name unless the declarants of the death didn’t know her name? Can you post the record here and I’ll check it for you.
(It would be so helpful to your research if you can locate Angela and Nicola’s death records because then you can search for younger syblings marriages, if relevant, which may include marriage attachments (allegati/processetti) which can be a gold mine for a genealogist.)
Edit to Add: For an unmarried deceased woman you might see the word "Nubile" or for a widowed deceased woman vedova.
Angela