DiPierro or Caputo Death Cert. Missanello or Roccanova
-
CaputoBruno
- Veteran

- Posts: 183
- Joined: 03 Oct 2023, 02:09
Re: DiPierro or Caputo Death Cert. Missanello or Roccanova
Thank you @AngelaGrace56. I will give that a shot.
Re: DiPierro or Caputo Death Cert. Missanello or Roccanova
FYI - I have checked the death indices for 1911 through 1929 in Missanello without finding either Antonio Caputo or Filomena Di Pierro.
The Di Pierro surname appears to be common to the comune, but the Caputo surname less so.
But a second look would not hurt!
EDIT TO ADD:
Do you have this birth act for a daughter of Antonio Caputo and Filomena Di Pierro?
Maria Maddalena Caputo was born in 1892 in Missanello (#12).
I did not see her on the ship manifest of 1906 when Filomena Di Pierro and son Rocco, son Vincenzo, and daughter in law Lucia Izzo, arrived in USA.
She may have stayed in MIssanello, and perhaps was married by the time Antonio and Filomena returned to Missanello? A good reason for the couple to remain in Italy?
https://www.ancestry.com/imageviewer/co ... pId=714207
And an earlier daughter with same name born in 1889.
#30
https://www.ancestry.com/imageviewer/co ... pId=714149
T.
The Di Pierro surname appears to be common to the comune, but the Caputo surname less so.
But a second look would not hurt!
EDIT TO ADD:
Do you have this birth act for a daughter of Antonio Caputo and Filomena Di Pierro?
Maria Maddalena Caputo was born in 1892 in Missanello (#12).
I did not see her on the ship manifest of 1906 when Filomena Di Pierro and son Rocco, son Vincenzo, and daughter in law Lucia Izzo, arrived in USA.
She may have stayed in MIssanello, and perhaps was married by the time Antonio and Filomena returned to Missanello? A good reason for the couple to remain in Italy?
https://www.ancestry.com/imageviewer/co ... pId=714207
And an earlier daughter with same name born in 1889.
#30
https://www.ancestry.com/imageviewer/co ... pId=714149
T.
-
CaputoBruno
- Veteran

- Posts: 183
- Joined: 03 Oct 2023, 02:09
Re: DiPierro or Caputo Death Cert. Missanello or Roccanova
Good Morning T -
No I was not aware of a daughter. You are right, she was not on the shipping manifest and I have never heard of her name, although she may have passed before the family came to Utica in 1901. So did they have two daughters with the same name??? Rocco was born in 1888 so this is in her child bearing years and would make sense.
T - You are just amazing. I cant say it enough....you are so much a part of my story, and I cannot thank you enough.
-Robert
No I was not aware of a daughter. You are right, she was not on the shipping manifest and I have never heard of her name, although she may have passed before the family came to Utica in 1901. So did they have two daughters with the same name??? Rocco was born in 1888 so this is in her child bearing years and would make sense.
T - You are just amazing. I cant say it enough....you are so much a part of my story, and I cannot thank you enough.
-Robert
-
CaputoBruno
- Veteran

- Posts: 183
- Joined: 03 Oct 2023, 02:09
Re: DiPierro or Caputo Death Cert. Missanello or Roccanova
I just went back and re-read Rocco’s obituary in Utica and he mentions his brother Vincenzo but no mention of sisters back in the old county so I suspect we should find a death record between 1889 and 1904 which is the year of Rocco’s death in Utica.
Re: DiPierro or Caputo Death Cert. Missanello or Roccanova
Found a listing for Maddalena Caputo in the 1890 death index in Missanello.
Unfortunately, the page is missing (most likely not digitized in error)
It was #28 in 1890.
T.
Unfortunately, the page is missing (most likely not digitized in error)
It was #28 in 1890.
T.
Re: DiPierro or Caputo Death Cert. Missanello or Roccanova
The Maria Maddalena Caputo born in 1892 dies on 18 May, just 6 days after her birth. #21
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... 74&lang=en
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... 74&lang=en
-
CaputoBruno
- Veteran

- Posts: 183
- Joined: 03 Oct 2023, 02:09
Re: DiPierro or Caputo Death Cert. Missanello or Roccanova
Wow...they are definitely Antonio and Filomena's girls. Unfortunately they passed young. After going back and looking at the fine detail of all the records, I confirmed that the address that these girls were born and died, as well as the place that Antonio (Vincenzo and Lucia's son) died were all at the same address on No. 25, Via Persecuzione, Missanello. Also the declarant that reported the death was Giuseppe Di Pierro (Filomena's brother).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
CaputoBruno
- Veteran

- Posts: 183
- Joined: 03 Oct 2023, 02:09
Re: DiPierro or Caputo Death Cert. Missanello or Roccanova
Thank you @Farassino! Excellent find! It is so much appreciated.Farassino wrote: 25 May 2025, 19:39 The Maria Maddalena Caputo born in 1892 dies on 18 May, just 6 days after her birth. #21
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... 74&lang=en
-
CaputoBruno
- Veteran

- Posts: 183
- Joined: 03 Oct 2023, 02:09
Re: DiPierro or Caputo Death Cert. Missanello or Roccanova
Hey T -Tessa78 wrote: 25 May 2025, 19:17 Found a listing for Maddalena Caputo in the 1890 death index in Missanello.
Unfortunately, the page is missing (most likely not digitized in error)
It was #28 in 1890.
T.
I found the same one on familysearch here:
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... g=en&i=414
I can see that she is listed their confirming she died in 1890. Unfortunate they messed that up and it is not scanned but maybe the commune will have it and can provide it when I am i Missanello in September. If anyone else locates it, let me know. I went page by page hoping it was maybe just out of order, but it is like it was just missed or something.
-
CaputoBruno
- Veteran

- Posts: 183
- Joined: 03 Oct 2023, 02:09
Re: DiPierro or Caputo Death Cert. Missanello or Roccanova
Ok so I think we have what I need for these to little girls. Births and Deaths. Missing the death certificate for Maddalena but I have the index.
Two more angels added to my tree thanks to you guys and your eagle eyes!!!
Le mie pro-prozie
Maddalena Caputo Born 1889 and Died 1890
Maria Maddalena Caputo Born 1892 and died 1892
That explains why Filomena only travelled with Rocco when arriving in Utica to join Antonio in 1901. These records although they lived only a short period of time have some great information. Family members on these records documented, their home in Missanello, etc. They line up with the address that Antonio Jr. dies at in December 1909 so this is Antonio and Filomena's home in Missanello.
WHERE IS ANTONIO AND FILOMENA??? I will hunt until the day I die I promise you this!
Two more angels added to my tree thanks to you guys and your eagle eyes!!!
Le mie pro-prozie
Maddalena Caputo Born 1889 and Died 1890
Maria Maddalena Caputo Born 1892 and died 1892
That explains why Filomena only travelled with Rocco when arriving in Utica to join Antonio in 1901. These records although they lived only a short period of time have some great information. Family members on these records documented, their home in Missanello, etc. They line up with the address that Antonio Jr. dies at in December 1909 so this is Antonio and Filomena's home in Missanello.
WHERE IS ANTONIO AND FILOMENA??? I will hunt until the day I die I promise you this!
