I am looking for my 4th g- grandfather Antonio Drago...all the info i have on him is, He was born in Genoa, Genova Italy, and had a daughter named Mary Louisa Drago. Married James Walter Deen in Louisana. She was born in Louisana in 1823.
I would like to know who Antonio's parents were and when he came to the states...
If anyone can help me I would appreciate it so very much.
Drago - Genoa, Genova Italy
Re: Drago - Genoa, Genova Italy
Is this the correct Antonio??
1850 United States Federal Census
about Antonio Drago
Name: Antonio Drago
Age: 60
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1790
Birth Place: Genoa
Gender: Male
Home in 1850
(City,County,State): Wards 2 and 9, Ouachita, Louisiana
Living with him are the following:
Antonio Drago Wards 2 and 9, Ouachita, LA abt 1822 Louisiana
Dorcas Drago Wards 2 and 9, Ouachita, LA abt 1828 Louisiana
John Drago Wards 2 and 9, Ouachita, LA abt 1830 Louisiana
Mary Drago Wards 2 and 9, Ouachita, LA abt 1847 Louisiana
Selina Ann Drago Wards 2 and 9, Ouachita, LA abt 1845 Louisia
wldspirit
1850 United States Federal Census
about Antonio Drago
Name: Antonio Drago
Age: 60
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1790
Birth Place: Genoa
Gender: Male
Home in 1850
(City,County,State): Wards 2 and 9, Ouachita, Louisiana
Living with him are the following:
Antonio Drago Wards 2 and 9, Ouachita, LA abt 1822 Louisiana
Dorcas Drago Wards 2 and 9, Ouachita, LA abt 1828 Louisiana
John Drago Wards 2 and 9, Ouachita, LA abt 1830 Louisiana
Mary Drago Wards 2 and 9, Ouachita, LA abt 1847 Louisiana
Selina Ann Drago Wards 2 and 9, Ouachita, LA abt 1845 Louisia
wldspirit
Re: Drago - Genoa, Genova Italy
Marriage information:
Louisiana Marriages, 1718-1925
about Antonio Drago
Name: Leline Amilton
Spouse: Antonio Drago
Marriage Date: 21 Aug 1828
Marriage Place: Ouachita
Have you tried to send for this record? May list parents names. It appears that there could be more than one marriage record for this person.
wldspirit
Louisiana Marriages, 1718-1925
about Antonio Drago
Name: Leline Amilton
Spouse: Antonio Drago
Marriage Date: 21 Aug 1828
Marriage Place: Ouachita
Have you tried to send for this record? May list parents names. It appears that there could be more than one marriage record for this person.
wldspirit
Re: Drago - Genoa, Genova Italy
There are numerous US records to be had.....as soon as we have some confirmation, and know what sources you have already consulted we can provide you with further infos and direction.......
wldspirit
wldspirit
Re: Drago - Genoa, Genova Italy
Sorry to be soooo long getting back in touch with you guys on here..been gone awhile for a family emergency...
Thank you so very much for the info on Antonio...This is all the information I have on him, what you have given me...
This looks to be the person I'm looking for...I don't have any idea how to go about finding any info in Italy on him, such as parents name..I have not tried to send for his marriage receord, as I didn't know the spouses name...and when I called them, they did tell me I needed at least that much.
All of the help you have given me is sooo appreciated...And would love any other directions or help you can send me...I seem lost...lol
Thank you so very much for the info on Antonio...This is all the information I have on him, what you have given me...
This looks to be the person I'm looking for...I don't have any idea how to go about finding any info in Italy on him, such as parents name..I have not tried to send for his marriage receord, as I didn't know the spouses name...and when I called them, they did tell me I needed at least that much.
All of the help you have given me is sooo appreciated...And would love any other directions or help you can send me...I seem lost...lol
Re: Drago - Genoa, Genova Italy
Based on Mary Louisa Drago's birth year of 1823, another possible marriage for parents?
Louisiana Marriages, 1718-1925
about Antoine Drago
Name: Mary Repond
Spouse: Antoine Drago
Marriage Date: 20 Sep 1816
Marriage Place: Ouachita
>>>
possible 1820 census?
http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/6060 ... 820li2.jpg
1820 United States Federal Census
about Antoine Draggo
Name: Antoine Draggo
Township: Not Stated
County: Ouachita
State: Louisiana
1830 census
http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/2936 ... 830gq5.jpg
1830 United States Federal Census
about Antonio Drago
Name: Antonio Drago
Township: Not Stated
County: Ouachita
State: Louisiana
1850 United States Federal Census
http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/5918 ... pg1nz4.jpg
about Antonio Drago
Name: Antonio Drago
Age: 60
Estimated birth year: abt 1790
Birth Place: Genoa
Gender: Male
Home in 1850
(City,County,State): Wards 2 and 9, Ouachita, Louisiana
Although I found Drago's in Ouachita Co on the 1860 & 1870, I didn't find Antonio. If you haven't obtained his death record & birth records for his children, if available, you may want to do so.
Hope this helps.
jcsm
Louisiana Marriages, 1718-1925
about Antoine Drago
Name: Mary Repond
Spouse: Antoine Drago
Marriage Date: 20 Sep 1816
Marriage Place: Ouachita
>>>
possible 1820 census?
http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/6060 ... 820li2.jpg
1820 United States Federal Census
about Antoine Draggo
Name: Antoine Draggo
Township: Not Stated
County: Ouachita
State: Louisiana
1830 census
http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/2936 ... 830gq5.jpg
1830 United States Federal Census
about Antonio Drago
Name: Antonio Drago
Township: Not Stated
County: Ouachita
State: Louisiana
1850 United States Federal Census
http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/5918 ... pg1nz4.jpg
about Antonio Drago
Name: Antonio Drago
Age: 60
Estimated birth year: abt 1790
Birth Place: Genoa
Gender: Male
Home in 1850
(City,County,State): Wards 2 and 9, Ouachita, Louisiana
Although I found Drago's in Ouachita Co on the 1860 & 1870, I didn't find Antonio. If you haven't obtained his death record & birth records for his children, if available, you may want to do so.
Hope this helps.
jcsm
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.
Re: Drago - Genoa, Genova Italy
Thank you very much....all this info gives me a place to start...I really appreciate it.. 
Could someone tell me how to go about finding info on this family in Genova Italy.
Could someone tell me how to go about finding info on this family in Genova Italy.
-
Yellowgale85
- Newbie

- Posts: 1
- Joined: 26 May 2025, 06:45
Re: Drago - Genoa, Genova Italy
Hello, I just wanted to chime in, this same ancestor of Antonio Drago married to Rappon are my great great grandparents on my mother’s side. My grandmother is mixed race, mother being black and father who was black nd white and is the descendent of Antonio. His name is Wilbur Cowan, his mother Martha is who the grand daughter of Antonio. I’m researching our family history because my grandfather was shunned for being black and never knew his family and we don’t know the story when the mix came about.

