Luisa/Louisa

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Post Reply
_sciulli
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 28
Joined: 14 May 2025, 19:28

Luisa/Louisa

Post by _sciulli »

Back again. Trying to find a birth record for my great grandmother, Louisa (maybe Luisa) Ranalli. Born 27 November 1888 in Pacentro, L'Aquila, Abruzzo. Not having much luck finding her parents. Thanks!
erudita74
Master
Master
Posts: 9245
Joined: 27 Aug 2012, 20:26

Re: Luisa/Louisa

Post by erudita74 »

Unfortunately, online records are only available until the year 1865.
Farassino
Master
Master
Posts: 787
Joined: 16 May 2024, 17:05

Re: Luisa/Louisa

Post by Farassino »

Do you know her husband’s name?
erudita74
Master
Master
Posts: 9245
Joined: 27 Aug 2012, 20:26

Re: Luisa/Louisa

Post by erudita74 »

I was going to add, you might try emailing the town: protocollo@comunepacentro.aq.it
_sciulli
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 28
Joined: 14 May 2025, 19:28

Re: Luisa/Louisa

Post by _sciulli »

Farassino wrote: 29 May 2025, 16:19 Do you know her husband’s name?
Ferdinando Lolli
_sciulli
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 28
Joined: 14 May 2025, 19:28

Re: Luisa/Louisa

Post by _sciulli »

erudita74 wrote: 29 May 2025, 16:22 I was going to add, you might try emailing the town: protocollo@comunepacentro.aq.it
thanks!
_sciulli
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 28
Joined: 14 May 2025, 19:28

Re: Luisa/Louisa

Post by _sciulli »

I was able to find a marriage record for her and Ferdinando Lolli. It says "figlia di Domenic Antonio" I think at least. I cant translate/make out the mothers name though. I'll try and upload a picture later if nobody else gets to it first.
Farassino
Master
Master
Posts: 787
Joined: 16 May 2024, 17:05

Re: Luisa/Louisa

Post by Farassino »

Where was this marriage celebrated?
Have you found the record online? If so you can post the link to it.

Is this your family tree?
https://www.familysearch.org/en/tree/pe ... s/GVM5-JBR
_sciulli
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 28
Joined: 14 May 2025, 19:28

Re: Luisa/Louisa

Post by _sciulli »

I attached what I believe is a copy of their marriage record
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
mmogno
Master
Master
Posts: 4676
Joined: 14 Mar 2016, 22:29

Re: Luisa/Louisa

Post by mmogno »

... Ranalli Luisa figlia di Domenicantonio e di Iachini Santa ...
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?”
🇺🇦 Slava Ukraine! 🇺🇦
🇮🇱תחי ישראל🇮🇱
User avatar
mmogno
Master
Master
Posts: 4676
Joined: 14 Mar 2016, 22:29

Re: Luisa/Louisa

Post by mmogno »

Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?”
🇺🇦 Slava Ukraine! 🇺🇦
🇮🇱תחי ישראל🇮🇱
_sciulli
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 28
Joined: 14 May 2025, 19:28

Re: Luisa/Louisa

Post by _sciulli »

Wow amazing thanks so much! Could there maybe be a birth or marriage record for her parents? I’m struggling to find much else on them. I’m trying to gather some info for my Nonna (Luisa daughter). She just turned 98!
_sciulli
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 28
Joined: 14 May 2025, 19:28

Re: Luisa/Louisa

Post by _sciulli »

Hey all,

I’ve continued to look into Luisa ancestry and have made great progress on her father Domenicantonio’s side. Her mother is a different story. Which brings me back. I know of the name that is listed above for her “Iachini Santa”. However, the only thing I’ve been able to find on her is a search certificate in Pennsylvania for her son Felice (Felix). On that certificate she’s listed as “Santarella Iaccone”.

What is her actual name? Can anyone maybe find her birth record/parents?
Post Reply