Hi,
I'm searching in the Opera di Santa Maria del Fiore baptism records for Florence. I keep coming across the name what looks like Rota, usually as a second or middle name. I've never seen it before. I may be misreading the "t" in the script. Below is a screen shot. And here is the link to the page
https://battesimi.duomo.firenze.it/registri/227 Carte 18r
Thanks for any help you can give!
Charmaine
16th century Female Name Rota?
16th century Female Name Rota?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Re: 16th century Female Name Rota?
Might it be a reference to the fact that they were found in the R(u)ota=Wheel?
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi
Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
Re: 16th century Female Name Rota?
PippoM,
What does that mean, being found in the wheel?
Here is another snippet. To me, it looks like it would be a middle name.
What does that mean, being found in the wheel?
Here is another snippet. To me, it looks like it would be a middle name.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Re: 16th century Female Name Rota?
Non credo, perché c'è anche la paternità.PippoM wrote: 23 Jun 2025, 13:21 Might it be a reference to the fact that they were found in the R(u)ota=Wheel?
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?”
Slava Ukraine! 
תחי ישראל
Re: 16th century Female Name Rota?
I agree mmogno. It has to be a name, but I don't recognize it, unless it's an abbreviation.

