Identify People in Photos - Second try to get photos to show up
Identify People in Photos - Second try to get photos to show up
I know it's a long shot to try to identify the people in these photos The three attached photos are of Cascio family who were born in Polizzi Generosa in Palermo, Sicily. The parents of the elders in the photos were Giuseppe Cascio (1859-1907) and Lucia Trabunella (1865-1928). The elders are sisters and a brother of Gandolfa Cascio (1895 -1974) - my grandmother - who emigrated to America and got married in America to Salvatore Puma, whereas the sisters and brother in these photos remained in Italy. Since the photos are in color, I'm guessing that they were taken in the late 1950s. I'm guessing that the photos identified as Vincenza Cascio are really her and not a different sister of Gandolfa Cascio. Vincenza Cascio was married to Vincenzo Michele Badagliacca. they had at least one child - Laura. I believe the brother in Mariano Cascio (1901-1983) who married Francesca Cascio (daughter of an unknown father and Gandolfa Cascio - a different Gandolfa Cascio than the one I mentioned earlier). Other siblings of my grandmother were Rosario (1885-1955) also emigrated to America (no other siblings did), Rosaria (1885), Angela (1889), Gioachino (1898-1944), and Vincenzo (1903-1985). Note - my photo titles are not showing up. Vincenza Cascio is in the photo with multiple grandchildren lying down next to her.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Re: Identify People in Photos - Second try to get photos to show up
Photographical technology was behind in Italy, when compared to the USA. I think these pictures are of the late 60ies/start of 70ies.
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi
Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
Re: Identify People in Photos - Second try to get photos to show up
Quite possible. The man was born in 1901. The women were born between 1885-1893.
