Termine (Termini) - Researching for my 100 years old Aunt

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Post Reply
RyanW2025
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: 09 Jul 2025, 06:22

Termine (Termini) - Researching for my 100 years old Aunt

Post by RyanW2025 »

Hello.

My name is Ryan. I live in the United States, in California.

My Great-Aunt is nearly 101 years old, and in my father's last remaining living relative on his side of the family. Sadly, my father's family never really asked a lot of questions about family history. It was just something that wasn't often brought up. My Dad wishes he had the foresight as a kid to ask before family members started passing away, and my Great-Aunt wishes she had asked too... it was just something that wasn't often talked about.

At nearly 101 years old, she really wishes she knew more, and I'm rapidly trying to track down information of her. I'm hoping I can find some information. I've located a lot about some family members, but I'm stuck with three of her closest family members.

Here's what I know -
Her grandfather, my great-great-grandfather, Calogero Termine (Termini), was born in Camporeale on January 16, 1871.

He entered America around October 1898. His wife and kids followed him a few months later.

Around 1905, Calogero, with his wife Grazia Salsiccia (born on October 29, 1875, in Camporeale), returned to Camporeale with their three children, Michele, Antonio, and Vincenza.

They had a fourth child, Francesca Termine. She was born on August 5, 1906, in Camporeale. Francesca died on June 6, 1911.

We believe that Grazia died around 1911; however, we do not know for certain. We have no records of when or where she died. We think she died around the birth of Francesca.

I hope you can help us identify when our three relatives died and where they were buried. It would kind of help bring closure for my Great-Aunt to know what became of her grandparents and aunt. Any additional information would be icing on the cake.

Seeking specifically -

Calogero Termine (born January 16, 1871, in Camporeale). When did he die? Where is he buried?

Grazia Salsiccia Termine (born October 29, 1875, in Camporeale). When did she die? Where is she buried?

Francesca Termine (born August 5, 1906, in Camporeale, and died June 6, 1911, in Camporeale). Where was she buried?

I really appreciate any support or guidance you all might be able to provide. I'm truly stuck at this point, and would love to provide 'Auntie' some closure and knowledge, which I know my Dad would love to learn as well. Thank you, thank you, thank you for your time!
Farassino
Master
Master
Posts: 787
Joined: 16 May 2024, 17:05

Re: Termine (Termini) - Researching for my 100 years old Aunt

Post by Farassino »

Hi and welcome.

Grazia Salciccia died on 18 November 1909 in Camporeale. #105
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... FH&lang=en

Don’t know if you got these already…

Birth of Francesca Termine #147
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 84/wlbJgxE

Death of Francesca Termine #69
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 66/0n3Pn6e

It is not stated on the acts where they were buried.
Probably in the local cemetery.
RyanW2025
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: 09 Jul 2025, 06:22

Re: Termine (Termini) - Researching for my 100 years old Aunt

Post by RyanW2025 »

Thank you Farassino! It looks like the Antenati site is not working right now, but I'll keep looking. I look forward to seeing what's there on Francesca. I didn't know about Grazia. That was amazing information! Thank you!
Post Reply