New Here!

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Post Reply
JamieGJamison619!
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: 13 Jul 2025, 04:22

New Here!

Post by JamieGJamison619! »

Another soul searching for her roots! These were my Great-Grandparents and I am really interested in finding out if my roots there are Italian or Austrian. From what I understand, WWII changed the borders between Italy and Austria so often that I am really at a loss as to how to figure this out. Any guidance from those who have done this before would be greatly appreciated!

Giovanni Battista Orler;
Catarina Dalla Sega
Birth Towns:
Mezzano di Primiero, Trento, Austria
Imer di Primiero, Trento, Austria
Birthdate(s)
1881-1934; (Giovanni)
September 11, 1883 (Catarina)
Farassino
Master
Master
Posts: 787
Joined: 16 May 2024, 17:05

Re: New Here!

Post by Farassino »

Hi,
Do you know Giovanni Battista’s parents names?

I’ve found one Cattarina Dellasega born on 11 September 1883
https://www.natitrentino.mondotrentino. ... int/284680

And two Giovanni Battista Orler both born in 1880.
https://www.natitrentino.mondotrentino. ... int/284456

https://www.natitrentino.mondotrentino. ... int/284480
JamieGJamison619!
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: 13 Jul 2025, 04:22

Re: New Here!

Post by JamieGJamison619! »

Hello! Yes! Anna Maria and Pietro Orler. So good to hear from you!
JamieGJamison619!
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: 13 Jul 2025, 04:22

Re: New Here!

Post by JamieGJamison619! »

Yes! It is the second Giovanni listed and thank you so much! I can’t find a maiden name for his mother, Anna Maria. Do you think it is possible that her name is also Orler? I have a lot of work to do to learn the ins and outs of this, but I truly appreciate your help!
Thank you!
Post Reply