Handwriting help 1884 birth

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Post Reply
Lucia4119
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: 04 Aug 2025, 00:33

Handwriting help 1884 birth

Post by Lucia4119 »

Hey everyone. So i have a copy of my great grandpa's birth record and I can't make out the place he's from within Castellammare del Golfo (Trapani, Sicily). Vallo di Zita? Gita? and if so, where is that? I can't find any trace of a place in or near Castellammare del Golfo with that name. Thank you!
Attachments
Antonio Pampalone Birth 1884.jpg
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master
Posts: 8078
Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54

Re: Handwriting help 1884 birth

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

Hello Lucia and a very belated welcome to the forum!!!

I'm so sorry for the late reply. I've not seen this post before. There have been quite a few new additions to the forum in the last day or two so I've been working through some of the translations, and located your request for a translation way back in August.

In answer to your question, I believe the address is Via Valle di Zita, and like you I am unable to find this address or area. It's quite possible that it doesn't exist there any more. Often street names change over time and no longer exist.

I've located Antonino Pampalone's original Birth Record for you:

Birth No 691: Antonino Pampalone
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 62/wOWnNRd

Let me know if you need it translated. Best to you.

Angela
Post Reply