Red and Green Make?

General Non-Genealogy Discussions.
Ask questions, chat and talk about anything.
Post Reply
darkerhorse
Master
Master
Posts: 4006
Joined: 11 Jun 2020, 18:31

Red and Green Make?

Post by darkerhorse »

I have an idea for coloring one side of the family red and the other side green.

The combined family would then be colored by mixing red and green.

To my surprise, online, the answer appears to be that red and green make brown, which isn't intuitive to me.

Does anyone (maybe an artist) have a different answer on what color is made by mixing red and green?
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master
Posts: 8078
Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54

Re: Red and Green Make?

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

I'm not completely understanding what you are doing, but simply put, yes, in art, mixing red and green would make brown. Basically you get brown when you mix the three primary colours of blue red and yellow. (Adding the neutrals of black or white will darken or lighten the brown.) Because the colour green is created from mixing the primary colours blue and yellow, then when the primary colour red it is added you'll create brown.

Angela
darkerhorse
Master
Master
Posts: 4006
Joined: 11 Jun 2020, 18:31

Re: Red and Green Make?

Post by darkerhorse »

I'm creating a family tree for a friend. One side of his family is Italian and the other side is Irish. I was thinking of using red on the Italian side and green on the Irish side - perhaps coloring outlines. Anyway, for himself and his siblings - being mixed - I would then color in brown outlines.
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master
Posts: 8078
Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54

Re: Red and Green Make?

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

I see. I’m not sure about your choice of colours given that both Italia and Ireland contain the colour green in their flags.

Angela
darkerhorse
Master
Master
Posts: 4006
Joined: 11 Jun 2020, 18:31

Re: Red and Green Make?

Post by darkerhorse »

I know but the Irish have a saying "the wearin' of the green". The Irish flag has orange but that's usually associated with Protestants which the family I'm researching is not - they are the major leagues. And I think St. Patrick is usually in green.

I'll reconsider.

I'm also using images of "Gaelic & Garlic" which has some popularity.

I've heard that the Irish and Italian combination makes for attractive children.
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master
Posts: 8078
Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54

Re: Red and Green Make?

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

All the best with that.

Angela
Post Reply