Would someone please translate this record. I am confused with all the names. It's the first record on the left side of the page. Thanks so much,
Mary
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2046915
Please translate death record for Pasquale DiFulco
-
italian059
- Master

- Posts: 955
- Joined: 10 Jul 2011, 21:36
Re: Please translate death record for Pasquale DiFulco
Hi Mary
I believe he had three wives, the first two who were deceased at the time of his death. Dated Jan 17, 1842. Pasquale di Fulco, age 68, husband of deceased Biaggia Lisotta and deceased Anna di Carlo, and living Lucia Morello. Son of deceased Leonluca (di Fulco) and Calogera Vetrino.
I believe he had three wives, the first two who were deceased at the time of his death. Dated Jan 17, 1842. Pasquale di Fulco, age 68, husband of deceased Biaggia Lisotta and deceased Anna di Carlo, and living Lucia Morello. Son of deceased Leonluca (di Fulco) and Calogera Vetrino.
-
italian059
- Master

- Posts: 955
- Joined: 10 Jul 2011, 21:36
Re: Please translate death record for Pasquale DiFulco
Thanks, Erudita,
I have his mother listed as Calogera Terrano. I think this is the same person but I have him married twice, Anna di Carlo in 1805 and Antonina di Frisco in 1809. Don't know how he could have fit in the other two wives, but who knows? Can't find his birth record. I have looked many times. I did find his Cresime record. It was May 1779. How old are the children normally? Thanks again. Hope you are doing well.
Mary
I have his mother listed as Calogera Terrano. I think this is the same person but I have him married twice, Anna di Carlo in 1805 and Antonina di Frisco in 1809. Don't know how he could have fit in the other two wives, but who knows? Can't find his birth record. I have looked many times. I did find his Cresime record. It was May 1779. How old are the children normally? Thanks again. Hope you are doing well.
Mary
Re: Please translate death record for Pasquale DiFulco
Mary
Pasquale was married to Biaggia Lisotta first. The marriage took place in Corleone on July 1, 1797. Image 308 of 328. Top left, record #1459. His mother’s surname in that record is Terrana not Terrano. The bride was Anna Biaggia di Puma. She was the widow of Bernardo Lisotta, so in Pasquale’s death record, the priest wrote her previous husband’s surname, or her married surname. Even though technically Italian women used their given surnames (what we call maiden names) all of their lives, sometimes priests in the church records had women under their married surnames. Anyway, Anna Biaggia di Puma was the daughter of dec Giuseppe di Puma and Francesca Coniglio.
As to the cresime or confirmation records, those receiving the sacrament were of varying ages. Some were infants and others might have even been in their 30s. The bishop did not go to these towns annually to administer the sacrament. So there was sometimes many years between his visits to these towns.
I forgot to add that, in Pasquale’s marriage record to Anna di Carlo in 1805, it also indicates that he was the widower of deceased Anna Biaggia Lisotta. (Folio 291, image 158).
Hope this info clarifies some things.
Erudita
Pasquale was married to Biaggia Lisotta first. The marriage took place in Corleone on July 1, 1797. Image 308 of 328. Top left, record #1459. His mother’s surname in that record is Terrana not Terrano. The bride was Anna Biaggia di Puma. She was the widow of Bernardo Lisotta, so in Pasquale’s death record, the priest wrote her previous husband’s surname, or her married surname. Even though technically Italian women used their given surnames (what we call maiden names) all of their lives, sometimes priests in the church records had women under their married surnames. Anyway, Anna Biaggia di Puma was the daughter of dec Giuseppe di Puma and Francesca Coniglio.
As to the cresime or confirmation records, those receiving the sacrament were of varying ages. Some were infants and others might have even been in their 30s. The bishop did not go to these towns annually to administer the sacrament. So there was sometimes many years between his visits to these towns.
I forgot to add that, in Pasquale’s marriage record to Anna di Carlo in 1805, it also indicates that he was the widower of deceased Anna Biaggia Lisotta. (Folio 291, image 158).
Hope this info clarifies some things.
Erudita
Re: Please translate death record for Pasquale DiFulco
Birth record #22erudita74 wrote: 04 Sep 2025, 01:24 Hi Mary
I believe he had three wives, the first two who were deceased at the time of his death. Dated Jan 17, 1842. Pasquale di Fulco, age 68, husband of deceased Biaggia Lisotta and deceased Anna di Carlo, and living Lucia Morello. Son of deceased Leonluca (di Fulco) and Calogera Vetrano.
Pasquale di Fulco, age 68, widower of deceased Biaggia Lisotta, of deceased Anna di Carlo,of deceased Antonina Lo Forte and husband of Lucia Morello.
Son of deceased Leoluca (di Fulco) and Calogera Vetrana(?).
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 57/La8GRer
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?”
Slava Ukraine! 
תחי ישראל
-
italian059
- Master

- Posts: 955
- Joined: 10 Jul 2011, 21:36
Re: Please translate death record for Pasquale DiFulco
Thanks so much mmogno and Erudita for all the info. I think this is another wife. Please verify. Record 1030
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2046915
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2046915
Re: Please translate death record for Pasquale DiFulco
Hi Mary
Yes, at the time Pasquale di Fulco married Antonina di Frisco (she had never before been married), he was the widower of deceased Anna di Carlo. Marriage May 11, 1809.
Erudita
Yes, at the time Pasquale di Fulco married Antonina di Frisco (she had never before been married), he was the widower of deceased Anna di Carlo. Marriage May 11, 1809.
Erudita