Nicolo Romano et Vincenza de Blanda

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Post Reply
lindamauer
Master
Master
Posts: 1002
Joined: 12 Mar 2017, 03:49

Nicolo Romano et Vincenza de Blanda

Post by lindamauer »

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2046915

The record is the last full record on the left-- image 34 page

Please translate. Record is old and faded

I think i am seeing October 15 1783
Nicolo- father Antonino Romano; mother Antonina Schiro couple of Campofiorito?

Vincenza- father Blasia de Blanda- mother Gratia Salemi? couple? of Bisacquino

Thanks much!
Linda
erudita74
Master
Master
Posts: 9245
Joined: 27 Aug 2012, 20:26

Re: Nicolo Romano et Vincenza de Blanda

Post by erudita74 »

The date should be Nov 16, 1783

The groom was Nicola Romano, son of deceased Antonino Romano and living Antonina Schirò. They were former spouses of this town.

The bride, Vincenza de Blanda, was the widow of deceased Paolo Petranella, and the daughter of Biagio de Blanda and Grazia Salemi, a married couple of Bisacquino.
lindamauer
Master
Master
Posts: 1002
Joined: 12 Mar 2017, 03:49

Re: Nicolo Romano et Vincenza de Blanda

Post by lindamauer »

Hello,
Do you think the town for Antonino Romano and Antonina is Contessa Entellina?

I have been told that.

Thanks,
Linda
erudita74
Master
Master
Posts: 9245
Joined: 27 Aug 2012, 20:26

Re: Nicolo Romano et Vincenza de Blanda

Post by erudita74 »

lindamauer wrote: 09 Sep 2025, 17:54 Hello,
Do you think the town for Antonino Romano and Antonina is Contessa Entellina?

I have been told that.

Thanks,
Linda
Yes, I think that is the town for them, as I do see what looks like the word Comitisse and I know Comitissa was part of the town’s name
https://la.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comitissa_(Italia)
lindamauer
Master
Master
Posts: 1002
Joined: 12 Mar 2017, 03:49

Re: Nicolo Romano et Vincenza de Blanda

Post by lindamauer »

ok great Erudita,
Thanks much!
hope you have a great rest of your day
Linda
erudita74
Master
Master
Posts: 9245
Joined: 27 Aug 2012, 20:26

Re: Nicolo Romano et Vincenza de Blanda

Post by erudita74 »

Hi Linda
Glad you mentioned the possible town for Romano. Sorry I initially missed it.
Erudita
Post Reply