Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Yes, the list is incomplete. I don’t see my family member listed there either and I know he was at Zonderwater because it was confirmed by the records I received from the International Red Cross. He was there for two years coming from a holding camp in Egypt and then transferred to the UK.... Also the fact that only circa 3,000 POWs are listed there, yet there were so many more POWs held captive there. I didn’t notice what year the list was compiled.
It is interesting that they have different camps within Zonderwater e.g. Campo 3 – Blocco 1, Campo 2 – Blocco 6 etc so it is quite possible that Giuseppe was at Zonderwater.
Yes, I have seen these before. Zonderwater have them on VHS and are currently giving them away, which I note on facebook - payment is only to cover postage.
Thanks all for the help with this. I will try waiting for the Red Cross to open up again so i can see if they can possibly find more information for me.
I cant seem to find anything also about Block One but maybe was Zonderwater.
Thanks all for the help with this. I will try waiting for the Red Cross to open up again so i can see if they can possibly find more information for me.
I cant seem to find anything also about Block One but maybe was Zonderwater.
Thanks again everyone
Happy to help. I'm understanding that the next Red Cross intake is not until 26 January 2026. Basically the information I received was compiled from radiograms and about seven different lists.