Looking for info for Clerici family origins
-
DanielClerks
- Newbie

- Posts: 1
- Joined: 21 Oct 2025, 09:26
Looking for info for Clerici family origins
Hello. Before migrating to Australia, my dad's family (Clerici) originated from Marche and i'm hoping someone would be able to point me in the right direction in how to source more info about the name, its origins and most importantly details of individuals. Thank you in advance
-
AngelaGrace56
- Master

- Posts: 8078
- Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54
Re: Looking for info for Clerici family origins
Hello
Welcome to the forum, and sorry for the delay in replying. Going by the amount of views your post has had, it seems likely that maybe your post has only appeared on the forum in the last few days. Sorry for the delay.
I'll reply as best I can.
First, I want to say that for us to be able to help you, we need to know the name of the town that your family were born in and came from before they migrated to Australia. Might your Clerici family have come from the town of Roccafluvione, Ascoli Piceno Province, Marche Region? I started searching NAA and came across an Antonio Clerici, born 13 June 1920, in Roccafluvione. He had been a POW, initially held in the Middle East ... then much later sent to Australia and interned there ... and later settled in Melbourne.
If this Antonio Clerici is not your family member, and you are unsure of which town and Province in Marche your family came from, then if you haven’t already done so, I would strongly suggest you search the National Australian Archives (NAA). It is a fantastic site and the name Clerici is certainly present there (many pages). (Of course, not all the Clerici names listed there will be from Marche.) To find out which town your family came from you need to be searching through any documents that are included alongside the names listed there, especially naturalisation papers.
Trove (https://trove.nla.gov.au/) is also another really good place to search.
You might be interested in the following name distribution map concerning the surname Clerici in Italia: https://www.mappadeicognomi.it/en/index.php?sur=Clerici
If this Antonio Clerici is your famiily member, then, unfortunately, there are no civil records on line for the town of Roccafluvione, in which case you would need to write to the town of Roccafluvione: comune.roccafluvione@emarche.it . I would suggest initially requesting Antonio’s Birth Record and the Marriage Record of Antonio’s parents Vincenzo Clerici and Giulia Morosi which will give you the names of their respective parents.
I’m understanding that Civil Records in the Province only began in the early 1860’s, so anything before then you would need Parish Records.
The name Clerici – clericus – clergyman
https://www.halleyweb.com/c044064/zf/in ... ia/80/id/5
All the best with this and do get back to us if we can help further.
Angela
Welcome to the forum, and sorry for the delay in replying. Going by the amount of views your post has had, it seems likely that maybe your post has only appeared on the forum in the last few days. Sorry for the delay.
I'll reply as best I can.
First, I want to say that for us to be able to help you, we need to know the name of the town that your family were born in and came from before they migrated to Australia. Might your Clerici family have come from the town of Roccafluvione, Ascoli Piceno Province, Marche Region? I started searching NAA and came across an Antonio Clerici, born 13 June 1920, in Roccafluvione. He had been a POW, initially held in the Middle East ... then much later sent to Australia and interned there ... and later settled in Melbourne.
If this Antonio Clerici is not your family member, and you are unsure of which town and Province in Marche your family came from, then if you haven’t already done so, I would strongly suggest you search the National Australian Archives (NAA). It is a fantastic site and the name Clerici is certainly present there (many pages). (Of course, not all the Clerici names listed there will be from Marche.) To find out which town your family came from you need to be searching through any documents that are included alongside the names listed there, especially naturalisation papers.
Trove (https://trove.nla.gov.au/) is also another really good place to search.
You might be interested in the following name distribution map concerning the surname Clerici in Italia: https://www.mappadeicognomi.it/en/index.php?sur=Clerici
If this Antonio Clerici is your famiily member, then, unfortunately, there are no civil records on line for the town of Roccafluvione, in which case you would need to write to the town of Roccafluvione: comune.roccafluvione@emarche.it . I would suggest initially requesting Antonio’s Birth Record and the Marriage Record of Antonio’s parents Vincenzo Clerici and Giulia Morosi which will give you the names of their respective parents.
I’m understanding that Civil Records in the Province only began in the early 1860’s, so anything before then you would need Parish Records.
The name Clerici – clericus – clergyman
https://www.halleyweb.com/c044064/zf/in ... ia/80/id/5
All the best with this and do get back to us if we can help further.
Angela