Marconi family

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Post Reply
L.Manfre
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: 01 Feb 2022, 03:29

Marconi family

Post by L.Manfre »

Hi all, I’m currently doing research on my mother’s family. So far, I’ve managed to trace back to my greatx3-grandparents, Manuel Marconi (who was supposedly born in Italy, although I have not found any proof of this yet) and Torcoroma Bastos. They were married and had at least six children: Ramon (1886), Ernestina (1890), Maria Carmela (1892), Maria Modesta (1895), Maria Concepcion and Antonio. All of them were born in a town called Ocaña in the Norte de Santander region in Colombia, however I cannot find any baptism record for Maria Concepcion and Antonio, although I did manage to find the death record of Maria Concepcion in Barranquilla in 1967, in which she is listed as being 80 years old, although I strongly suspect this is just an estimate. I also cannot locate any marriage record for Manuel and Torcoroma, even though all their children were legitimate. Also, in the baptism records of their children, Manuel’s last name is listed as Marcon, but in every civil record the last name of their children is Marconi, and that is the last name used by my mother’s extended family, so I assume it was simply a misunderstanding between the priest and the family (the last name was recorded as Marcon y Bastos, which is probably what the priest thought their last name was). Any help finding more information on Manuel Marconi and his children would be greatly appreciated.
Post Reply