TL;DR: No response to requests for 1901-1902 marriage record, how to proceed?
My ancestor was born in 1902, and was the eldest child in her family. We know the names of her parents (albeit with some slight inconsistencies), and I've looked through all the online antenati records of marriages in her home comune in the appropriate timeframe (up through the final year online, 1900), and not found her parents' marriage.
These facts lead me to believe the marriage was in 1901 or 1902, just beyond my reach.
In 2019 I received the extract of my ancestor's 1902 birth record from the comune, 7 months after I sent them a request using the FamilySearch template. In the years since then I've sent three requests for her parents' marriage record, mostly following the same template, and gotten no response. I also sent a request to the parochial church, to no avail. I even sent a request asking just for the ages of the parents listed on my ancestor's birth record, since they weren't included in the extract, and in the absence of the marriage record those still might help me narrow down which of the many people with the same name might by my ancestor's parents - but no response.
I don't need a certified stamped copy, I don't need it on physical paper, I'm happy to pay a fee if they'll just tell me what it is, but I'm just getting ghosted. I don't know if the problem is the record isn't there for some reason (maybe the mother is actually from a different commune and the wedding took place there), or they don't like that I didn't give them an exact date, or that the names have some variations, or that I'm messing up the request somehow, or they just don't feel like doing it. (I've had a lot of time to overthink this.)
Is there a different letter template I should try? Specific things to include? Some other place to get this record?
Comune not responding - letter format/suggestions?
Re: Comune not responding - letter format/suggestions?
Hello,
We could try to help you but we would need to see the acts you’ve received.
We could try to help you but we would need to see the acts you’ve received.

