History on Grandfather
History on Grandfather
Hi, Can anyone please provide me with any information on my Grandfather Saturnino Driutti from the Friuli region. He was married and had two children Giovanni (my father DOB 29/07/1923) and Bruna. I believe everyone lived in Udine. All are deceased. Saturnino would have deceased in Italy. Giovanni deceased in Brisbane, Australia and Bruna deceased in Scotland. I am also trying to find out if Saturnino had any war service records from the Alpini or Arditi armed forces.
Re: History on Grandfather
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi
Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
Re: History on Grandfather
Birth record according PippoM
Notes:
1) for Marriage of Saturnino Driutti to Paula Carlini in Rivolto on Nov 21, 1920.
2) for death of Saturnino in Udine on Mar 5, 1959.
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 13/wENk3bM
Notes:
1) for Marriage of Saturnino Driutti to Paula Carlini in Rivolto on Nov 21, 1920.
2) for death of Saturnino in Udine on Mar 5, 1959.
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 13/wENk3bM
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?”
Slava Ukraine! 
תחי ישראל
Re: History on Grandfather
Hi Pippo, yes that is my grandfather. https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:QVSW-5ZQ7 Do you know how I can find out his Military Record of Service? I wrote to as-ud@cultura.gov.it and they sent me a reply in Italian which I have a bit of trouble translating into English. However I dont know if the link they have sent me https://pagonline.cultura.gov.it/pagame ... /login.jsp just gives me his military record for conscription (servizio di leva) or the actual role in the Italian Army in World War 1 (Prima guerra mondiale). I want to know a) what his role was in the Italian Army, and b) if he was in the Arditi? Can you send me any suggestions of how to find this information? Thanks, Peter
Re: History on Grandfather
That link is for paying fees. If you post the email they sent you, we might try to explain.
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi
Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.

